Organize Categories in PHPBB3 - Physics, Science, Astronomy

• Thread starter gurudon
  • Start date
In summary, to create new categories on PHPBB3, you must be logged in as an administrator and go to the "Forums" tab in the Administration Control Panel. From there, click on "Manage forums" and then "Create new forum" to enter the name, description, and parent forum for the new category. You can also change the order of categories by clicking and dragging them in the "Manage forums" section. To add subcategories, click on the arrow next to the main category and then "Create new forum". To change the names of categories, click on the arrow next to the category and then "Edit forum". To delete a category, click on the arrow next to it and then "Delete forum", but note
gurudon
I shall be thankful if anyone help me to arrange the category in center in phpbb3. for example like of this physics forums. Here all the category are managed in center. category like Physics, Science Education, Astronomy & Cosmology and so on...

Computer science news on Phys.org
Not sure I understand your question, but this site uses vBulletin, not phpBB. Maybe you should try the forum at phpbb.com. Link.

1. How do I create new categories on PHPBB3 for physics, science, and astronomy?

To create new categories on PHPBB3, you will need to be logged in as an administrator. Once logged in, go to the Administration Control Panel and click on the "Forums" tab. From there, click on "Manage forums" and then click on the "Create new forum" button. From there, you can enter the name and description for the new category, as well as select which parent forum it will fall under. Don't forget to save your changes!

2. Can I change the order of categories on PHPBB3?

Yes, you can change the order of categories on PHPBB3 by going to the "Manage forums" section in the Administration Control Panel. From there, you can click and drag the categories to rearrange them in the desired order. Don't forget to save your changes!

3. How do I add subcategories to my main categories on PHPBB3?

To add subcategories to your main categories on PHPBB3, go to the "Manage forums" section in the Administration Control Panel. Find the main category you want to add a subcategory to and click on the arrow next to it to expand the options. Then, click on the "Create new forum" button and fill in the necessary information for the subcategory. Remember to save your changes!

4. Can I change the names of my categories on PHPBB3?

Yes, you can change the names of your categories on PHPBB3 by going to the "Manage forums" section in the Administration Control Panel. Find the category you want to rename and click on the arrow next to it to expand the options. Then, click on the "Edit forum" button and change the name in the designated field. Don't forget to save your changes!

5. How do I delete a category on PHPBB3?

To delete a category on PHPBB3, go to the "Manage forums" section in the Administration Control Panel. Find the category you want to delete and click on the arrow next to it to expand the options. Then, click on the "Delete forum" button and confirm your action. Please note that this action cannot be undone, so be careful when deleting categories.