Where to Find a Comprehensive Heat of Solution Database for Sodium Acetate?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the heat of solution for sodium acetate and sodium acetate trihydrate for a report due in a few hours. The source for the heat of solution for sodium acetate trihydrate is from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th edition (pg. 5-105) and the source for the heat of solution for sodium acetate is from the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th edition (pg. 5-105). The heat of solution for sodium acetate trihydrate is 19.66 kJ/mol and the heat of solution for sodium acetate is still needed for the report.
teleport
Hi, I'm looking for a database of heats of solution that contains the heat of solution of NaC2H3O2 (sodium acetate) as well as sodium acetate trihydrate. So far I haven't found something good. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
19.66 kJ/mol for the trihydrate

Source: Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th edition (pg. 5-105)

Thanks a lot but I also need the one for sodium acetate. Please help.

Source: CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th edition (pg. 5-105)

Thanks again. I did forget to mention that this is for a report that I have to hand in in a few hours. I have almost finished, I only need it for the relative error calculation. If anyone can provide me with this info I would highly appreciate it. Thank you.

Does anyone the heat of solution of Sodium acetate? NaC2H3O2. Help!

1. What is a heat of solution database?

A heat of solution database is a collection of data that provides information about the amount of heat released or absorbed when a solute is dissolved in a specific amount of solvent.

2. Why is a heat of solution database important?

A heat of solution database is important because it helps scientists and engineers determine the energy changes that occur during the process of dissolving substances in a solvent. This information is crucial in various fields such as chemistry, material science, and pharmaceuticals.

3. How is the data in a heat of solution database measured?

The data in a heat of solution database is typically measured using calorimetry, a process that involves measuring the heat exchange between a substance and its surroundings during a chemical reaction.

4. What factors can affect the accuracy of a heat of solution database?

Some factors that can affect the accuracy of a heat of solution database include experimental errors, variations in temperature, and impurities in the solute or solvent used. It is important for scientists to carefully control these factors to ensure the reliability of the data.

5. How can a heat of solution database be used in research and development?

A heat of solution database can be used in research and development to help predict the behavior of substances in various solvents, design new materials, and optimize chemical reactions. This information can also be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of industrial processes.