Help for Dev-C++: Find a Clock & Good Assistance

• C/C++
  • Thread starter Lojzek
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is using Dev-C++ and is looking for a way to measure the time needed for calculations. They are unsure if there is a clock function within the program and are also seeking better resources for learning about Dev-C++. The speaker mentions the "clock" function and the "rdtsc" instructions as possible options for measuring time with different levels of precision. They provide links for more information on these options.
Lojzek
I use Dev-C++ and I would like to measure time needed to perform calculation.
Is there some sort of clock function is this program?

I would also like to find a good help for Dev-C++. Does anyone know where to get it?
(the help in my program isn't very good: it does not even contain description of all functions).

Technology news on Phys.org
I don't koow what precision do you care. for seconds, you could use clock function see:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/ctime/time.html

but for more precise, such as one ms or one us, you could use "rdtsc" instructions, the gcc may support this inline instruction in your c code.

see : http://www.geocities.com/izenkov/howto-rdtsc.htm

I can understand the importance of accurately measuring time in calculations. Fortunately, Dev-C++ does have a clock function that can be used for this purpose. You can use the "clock()" function from the <ctime> library to measure the time taken for a specific section of your code to execute. This function returns the number of clock ticks elapsed since the program was launched, and you can use it to calculate the time in seconds.

In terms of finding good assistance for Dev-C++, there are several resources available online. You can start by checking the official website of the program for documentation and tutorials. Additionally, there are many forums and communities where you can ask for help and guidance from experienced users. It may also be helpful to search for online courses or tutorials specifically designed for Dev-C++.

I understand that the current help in your program may not be sufficient, but do not be discouraged. With some effort and research, you can find the resources and support you need to improve your understanding and usage of Dev-C++. I hope this helps and wish you success in your coding endeavors.

1. How do I find a clock in Dev-C++?

In Dev-C++, you can find a clock by going to the "Tools" menu and selecting "System Clock". This will display a clock on the bottom right corner of the window.

2. Is there a way to customize the clock in Dev-C++?

Yes, you can customize the clock in Dev-C++ by going to "Tools" and selecting "Customize". From there, you can change the clock format, font, and size.

3. Can I add more than one clock in Dev-C++?

Unfortunately, Dev-C++ only allows for one clock to be displayed at a time. However, you can use third-party plugins or widgets to add multiple clocks to your desktop.

4. How can I get assistance with Dev-C++?

You can find help for Dev-C++ by visiting the official forums or by reaching out to the developer through their website or social media pages. There are also many online tutorials and resources available for Dev-C++.

5. Is Dev-C++ a good choice for beginners?

Yes, Dev-C++ is a user-friendly and easy-to-use IDE, making it a great choice for beginners. It also has a simple interface and many helpful features, such as a built-in debugger and compiler, which can aid in learning programming.