Learn Basic Computer Coding: HTML, PHP, and Java Tutorials for Beginners

In summary, the conversation is about a 14-year-old who is interested in learning computer programming, specifically for making websites. They are looking for a good tutorial site to learn HTML, PHP, or Java coding. Some suggestions are given, including searching on Google and using books by Bruce Eckel. It is also mentioned that learning CSS and JavaScript would be beneficial for making websites.
NOBARTHOLEM
is there any place i could go that's good to learn computer programming? i want to learn how to make websites because even though I am only about 14 i know i want to be in some type of education. Preferably math or science. I have a general love for computers and love to make websites. But i can only do that little bit that they show you how to do, which is adding texts and pictures. Can sombody show me or give me a goood tutorial learning site for the basics of Html, Php, or java coding?

Thanks

-newbie nobartholem

Technology news on Phys.org
thanks alot, can i learn java coding at java.com?

hm...most of the google stuff just give u codes, it doesn't show you how to program your own codes.

First hit - sun site - contains tutorial.

Bruce Eckel's books are a good introduction to programming and Java (and are available online for free http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/)

A simpler language to begin with might be Javascript. It runs inside the webbrowser so you can easily see what it is doing, but is a real programming language.

ps. There is no real connection between Java and JavaScript btw - it's just amarketing thing.

Programming the World Wide Web, 4th Edition (Paperback)
by Robert W. Sebesta

* Paperback: 752 pages
* Addison Wesley; 4 edition (August 17, 2007)
* ISBN-10: 0321489691
* ISBN-13: 978-0321489692

buy a coding book!
if you want to make websites, learn CSS and JavaScript, wc3 schools (google it) is good for online tutorials!

have fun

1. What is HTML?

HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is a coding language used for creating and structuring web pages. It is the standard markup language for creating websites and is used to define the content, layout, and appearance of a webpage.

2. What is PHP?

PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a server-side scripting language used for creating dynamic and interactive web pages. It is commonly used for creating web applications, content management systems, and e-commerce sites.

3. What is Java?

Java is a general-purpose programming language that is used to create software applications that can run on any platform. It is widely used for developing web, desktop, and mobile applications, as well as games and other software.

4. Can I learn basic computer coding without any prior experience?

Yes, you can! These tutorials are designed for beginners with no prior coding experience. They provide step-by-step instructions and examples to help you learn the basics of HTML, PHP, and Java.

5. How can learning basic computer coding benefit me?

Learning basic computer coding can benefit you in many ways. It can improve your problem-solving skills, boost your creativity, and open up opportunities for career advancement in the tech industry. It can also give you the ability to create and customize your own websites and applications.