Can the mind out think Reality?

In summary, the conversation discusses a visual puzzle involving a missing space triangle and its relevance to quantum physics. There is debate over whether the puzzle belongs in the quantum physics forum or elsewhere. The puzzle is based on perception and observation, and there is a link provided for an alternate version of the puzzle. The author also provides a hint for solving the puzzle.
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Why did you post it in the quantum physics forum ?

No offense : I always liked this puzzle. But it should go somewhere else in my opinion :shy:

woah that was pretty fun

humanino said:
Why did you post it in the quantum physics forum ?

No offense : I always liked this puzzle. But it should go somewhere else in my opinion :shy:

The smallest of devation away from "true", can result in a false input of information observed (big-gap-missing observation).

Observation is what we rely on for perception of reality, but if you think observation has no baring on Quantum Physics, so be it, end of disscussion.

Very clever, but it ain't quantum physics. Off to Math with ye!

I see your point Olias. Not straightforward to me :shy:

How does that work-- i had to find alternate version-- the link u sent didn't work for me

Thiss seems to come up once every two months or so.

look at the two smaller triangles, do actually think they are similar, which they'd need to be for this paradox to actually be a paradox

Hint: Take a screen shot, open it in paint, and move one triangle over the other. (try moving each on top of the other) :thumbs_up

1. Can the mind create or alter reality?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that the human mind has the power to create or alter reality. While our thoughts and perceptions may influence our subjective experience of reality, they do not have the ability to change objective reality.

2. Is reality simply a construct of the mind?

While our perception and understanding of reality may be influenced by our thoughts and beliefs, there is overwhelming scientific evidence to suggest that reality exists independently of our minds. Our thoughts and perceptions may shape our understanding of reality, but they do not create it.

3. Can the mind control physical reality?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that the human mind has the power to control physical reality. While our thoughts and intentions may influence our actions and behaviors, they do not have the power to directly manipulate the physical world.

4. Is reality limited by our thoughts and perceptions?

While our thoughts and perceptions may influence our understanding and experience of reality, they do not limit or define it. Reality exists independently of our minds and is not constrained by our thoughts or beliefs.

5. Can the mind outsmart or surpass reality?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that the human mind has the ability to outsmart or surpass reality. While our thoughts and perceptions may shape our understanding and experience of reality, they do not have the power to override or change objective reality.