Asking for a woman's Facebook account instead of number.

• Thread starter jduster
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of asking for a woman's Facebook account instead of her phone number when interested in pursuing a relationship. The participants agree that asking for a phone number is more personal and less likely to put the woman in an uncomfortable or potentially dangerous situation. Additionally, the use of Facebook removes the element of voice and can be seen as a lack of confidence. Overall, it is concluded that asking for a phone number is a more appropriate and effective approach.
jduster
I have found this to be a very bad idea.

First, someone may not want to give a link to their website which has a lot of their personal information on it, to a guy who could be a stalker or creep.

Second, asking for a Facebook account is more neutral and for a friend maybe rather than someone you potentially want a relationship with. A phone number is more personal and special rather than being on a list of 300 other people that she rarely talks to. That's a direct trip to the friend zone possibly.

Third, a woman will know that some guys ask for the Facebook because they may lack the confidence to ask for her number.

Four, Facebook takes out one important aspect of flirting: voice. And you can always ask for their phone number if the conversation goes well.

your thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Agreed, as a female i would be less inclined to give my FB info for the same reasons you suggested. A phone # is much more appropriate in my opinion

As a female myself, IMO that would be really weird if a guy just asked for my facebook link. You don't even have to ask people for it, you just search for them.. :P

Definitely don't do this, heh.

I've had a girl refuse to give me her phone number and offer her facebook ID instead. An invitation which I declined...

I would say that asking for a woman's Facebook account instead of her phone number can definitely be a bad idea. There are a few reasons for this.

Firstly, it is important to respect a person's privacy and personal information. By asking for their Facebook account, you are essentially asking for access to their personal life and potentially exposing them to unwanted attention or harassment. This can make a woman feel uncomfortable and unsafe, which is not a good start to any potential relationship.

Secondly, asking for a Facebook account can come across as more platonic or casual, rather than romantic or interested in pursuing a relationship. This can lead to being placed in the friend zone, as the person may not see you as a potential romantic partner.

Thirdly, it can also be seen as a lack of confidence or directness. Asking for a phone number shows more initiative and interest, while asking for a Facebook account can make it seem like you are not fully committed or confident in pursuing the person.

Lastly, flirting is an important aspect of building a romantic connection, and Facebook takes away the opportunity for voice and in-person interaction. It is always better to have a conversation and get to know someone in person rather than through a screen.

In conclusion, as a scientist, I would advise against asking for a woman's Facebook account instead of her phone number. It is important to respect their privacy, be direct and confident in your intentions, and engage in in-person communication for a more genuine and meaningful connection.

1. Why would someone ask for a woman's Facebook account instead of her phone number?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. Some people may feel more comfortable communicating through social media rather than traditional phone calls or text messages. Others may see it as a way to get to know the person better by seeing their online presence and activity. Additionally, some individuals may prefer to keep their phone number private and only share it with close friends and family.

2. Is it appropriate to ask for a woman's Facebook account instead of her number?

This ultimately depends on the context and the individual's personal boundaries. It's important to respect a person's wishes and boundaries, so if they are not comfortable sharing their Facebook account, it's best to respect that and not push for it.

3. Does asking for a Facebook account instead of a number indicate a lack of interest?

Not necessarily. As mentioned before, some people may just feel more comfortable communicating through social media. It's important to communicate and ask why someone is asking for a Facebook account instead of a number, rather than assuming their reasons.

4. Should I be concerned about privacy and safety when sharing my Facebook account?

Yes, it's always important to be cautious and mindful of privacy and safety when sharing personal information online. Make sure to review your privacy settings and only accept friend requests from people you know and trust. You can also limit what information is visible to others on your profile.

5. Is there a difference in intentions between asking for a Facebook account and asking for a number?

It's difficult to say without knowing the specific individual and context. Some people may see it as a more casual or less direct way of communicating, while others may have ulterior motives. It's important to communicate openly and clearly with the person and trust your instincts.