Resister inductor - calculate resulting impedance

In summary: If so, you should be able to follow the steps outlined in the Wikipedia link to get the equivalent impedance. If not, please do some research on these topics and come back with specific questions.
xdeimos
resister // inductor -- calculate resulting impedance

Hello,

how 600Ω || 300jΩ = 120 + j240 ??

how do you get the value 120 + j240 from 600 register parallel wih 300jΩ inductor?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Are you tying to ask how to calculate the equivalent resistance of a 600-Ohm resistor in parallel with a 300j Ohm inductor?

Last edited by a moderator:
xdeimos said:
Hello,

how 600Ω || 300jΩ = 120 + j240 ??

how do you calculate this

Welcome to the PF.

(I've corrected your text speak "u" in several of your threads -- please check your PMs.)

Are you familiar with the equation for combining impedances in parallel? Maybe try checking wikipedia for this equation, and post what you find here. :smile:

stream king , yes that is my question

xdeimos said:
stream king , yes that is my question

And? Please show some effort on your part, or this thread will be deleted. We do not spoon feed students here with information that they should be learning on their own. We are here to help after you have made an effort on your own, show those efforts here, and are stuck or confused.

?
600Ω || 300jΩ = 120 + j240 ??
I want to know how 600Ω || 300jΩ is equal with 120 + j240 ?
what do i have to explain about?
how 600 register parallel with 300johm is equal to 120+ j240??

Well, for starters, stop calling it 'register'. It's a 'resistor'. Do you know anything about electricity?

xdeimos said:
?
600Ω || 300jΩ = 120 + j240 ??
I want to know how 600Ω || 300jΩ is equal with 120 + j240 ?
what do i have to explain about?
how 600 register parallel with 300johm is equal to 120+ j240??

Parallel resistor combinations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor#Series_and_parallel_resistors

Now, are you familiar with complex numbers and how impedances are represented?

1. What is a resistor inductor?

A resistor inductor is an electronic component that is used to resist the flow of electrical current in a circuit. It is made up of a coil of wire that creates a magnetic field, which in turn opposes the flow of electricity.

2. How is the impedance of a resistor inductor calculated?

The impedance of a resistor inductor can be calculated using the formula Z = R + jωL, where Z is the impedance, R is the resistance in ohms, ω is the angular frequency in radians per second, and L is the inductance in henries.

3. What is the relationship between resistance and impedance in a resistor inductor?

The resistance in a resistor inductor is a fixed value, while the impedance varies depending on the frequency of the electrical current passing through it. As the frequency increases, the impedance also increases.

4. How does a resistor inductor affect the behavior of a circuit?

A resistor inductor can affect the behavior of a circuit in several ways. It can regulate the flow of current by resisting it, store energy in its magnetic field, and also influence the frequency response of the circuit.

5. What are some common applications of resistor inductors?

Resistor inductors have a variety of applications in electronic circuits. Some common uses include filters, signal processing, power supplies, and motor control. They are also used in audio and radio frequency circuits, as well as in electronic devices such as speakers and microphones.