France: Better Bread, Butter, Cocktails & More

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
In summary, France is known for having better quality food, especially in terms of bread, butter, cocktails, and pastries. They are also known for their wine, although opinions may vary on whether it is better than American wine. Additionally, France has famous landmarks like the Louvre and the French Alps, and they are known for their passion for things like wine and skiing. However, there may also be some negative aspects to France, but these will not be mentioned.
no kidding, stay on topic please, geez

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
no kidding, stay on topic please, geez
Yeah. Where were we.

French hot dogs are better.

French are better at making crappier hotdogs.

The french make hot dogs?

shame...

I don't see what everyones problem is with that crappy air bread everyone sells. Who enjoys a sandwhich based on what kind of bread it was made on? pblackf

Speaking of hotdogs. Hotdogs are great! I don't mean those crappy cheap hotdogs, I mean real hotdogs, beef dogs like Hebrew National or Nathan's. Thats real American food!
yeh stolen of the Germans...
I think the only real american food, are those "salads" you get in fast food restaurants, especially "Mexican" fast food that are like 5000000000000 Kcal. I had one of those, once.. It consisted of 1 lettus leave, 10 KG of Chilli sauce, some yak meat and a tomato... The Healthy option :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chi Meson said:
I personally am a big fan of their Bike Race!

They have much much better bicycling champions than we do.

An American won that race the last seven years.

The French write better poetry. Give me Baudelaire or even Chretien de Troy over Whitman and Frost any day.

Has somebody not detected the dry, ironic humor that was the intent of this whole thread?:wink:

reeeaaaallllyyyyyyyyy... you mean this thread was... nnnooooo you must be joking :cool:

Chi Meson said:
Has somebody not detected the dry, ironic humor that was the intent of this whole thread?:wink:

Well, you didn't seem to be joking about the bread.

How many people from these countries died on D-Day again? Face it. The allies were getting their asses kicked before Japan was stupid enough to bomb Pearl Harbor. No country in Europe could even compare to the military and industrial strength of the US (with the exception of England's navy).
Blah Blah Blah Blah... And it wasnt "Englands" Navy it is the British navy! some people.. Is this really so difficult, it seems some peoples grasp on simple geography is almost as bad as their history

Last edited:
loseyourname said:
Well, you didn't seem to be joking about the bread.
Also not joking about the "better champions" either. Lance has won the TdF twice more than the 5 other great champions, but still ask any French cyclist: Jaques Anquetil, Laurent Fignon, Bernard Hinault, and Belgian Eddie Merckx are all "better champions" than Lance. Lance can only win one kind of race. The other "great champions" could win any race they entered.

I love bread. I think that great bread is available all over this country, but it doesn't matter; if it's French, it's better.

I have no point, really, just a recent realization that it doesn't matter what it is, if it's French, it must be better. And I'm OK with that.:smile:

Anttech said:
yeh stolen of the Germans...

You do realize that America is made of nearly all immigrants so unless the native americans ate a certain food being discussed here, then there is no need to say some food was stolen... unless of course, you are that hyper-anti-american...

loseyourname said:
An American won that race the last seven years.
The French write better poetry. Give me Baudelaire or even Chretien de Troy over Whitman and Frost any day.
Tribute to France by tribdog

"I hate you, you Amereecain!"
"I would push you out in ze rain."
But then Hitler came knocking
the flip flop was shocking
"Help me! I'm afraid of pain."

In France the cheese is called Bleu.
It's just moldy to me and you.
They accquired a taste
of what I would call waste
It's just too hard to make a batch new.

The plan was to build an array
Towers- past the Champs-Elysees
Mr Eifel built one
then shouted "I'm done"
I guess that is just the French way.

You do realize that America is made of nearly all immigrants so unless the native americans ate a certain food being discussed here, then there is no need to say some food was stolen... unless of course, you are that hyper-anti-american...
Really, thanks for the heads up :-)

No I'm anti-you, not anti-american... It was a joke, but I guess you didnt get it... Could you not see the smile on my face??

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
Also not joking about the "better champions" either. Lance has won the TdF twice more than the 5 other great champions, but still ask any French cyclist: Jaques Anquetil, Laurent Fignon, Bernard Hinault, and Belgian Eddie Merckx are all "better champions" than Lance. Lance can only win one kind of race. The other "great champions" could win any race they entered.

Oh come on! That's like saying Emil Zatopek was a better distance runner than Haile Gebresalassie because Zatopek also won a marathon. Athletic greatness in a single sport isn't measured by versatility. Babe Ruth wasn't a better pitcher than Warren Spahn just because he could also hit.

I love bread. I think that great bread is available all over this country, but it doesn't matter; if it's French, it's better.

Well, I've never had any bread from France, but I've also never had anything better than what my ex-girlfriend's mother used to make (she was using old Calabrian recipes).

I have no point, really, just a recent realization that it doesn't matter what it is, if it's French, it must be better. And I'm OK with that.:smile:

Better fashion, better literature, and better art. I suppose French cuisine might be better than American, but that isn't saying much, and I personally don't like either. You'll never get me to betray my neighbor vintners, either.

With regard to the architecture, French buildings might often look nicer, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anything as structurally sound as some of the skyscrapers and bridges in Los Angeles and the Bay Area capable of withstanding 8.0 earthquakes. Same thing with the street layout in Paris - it's more aesthetically pleasing, but the city grid in Manhattan makes a heck of a lot more sense and is much easier to navigate. French for style, but elsewhere for substance. Even in engineering, however, it does seem like America has slipped a bit outside of structural and chemical engineering. Quality products seem to be coming from Japan or Germany or someplace else. What do I know, though?

Anttech said:
Really, thanks for the heads up :-)

No I'm anti-you, not anti-american... It was a joke, but I guess you didnt get it... Could you not see the smile on my face??

I'll tell you something both France and the US beat Belgium in: women. Search for "Belgian Women" on google and you get this:

http://www.ifbbbelgium.be/images/IFBB%20Women%20WK%202004.jpg

Along with a bunch of photos of that prairie-dog faced Kim Clijsters.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha... :rofl:
Lucky I only live here... I am sure I recognise that woman on the left.. wait a minute... Its my BROTHER :yuck:

Chi Meson said:

Their riot response sure is top grade!

What gave you the idea that if it's french, it's better?

moose said:
Their riot response sure is top grade!
What gave you the idea that if it's french, it's better?
Why, the French gave me that idea. They're better thinkers. I used to resist, but now I just accept it.

ha, i knew this would turn into a france versus the US of A thread.

Oh, and we won the battle of britain before the US got involved. And when i say we i am including all of the other nationalities that fought with us to stop the nazi's dominating europe.

I wanted this to be a "you're better!" "No, You're better!" kind of thread.

Andy said:
ha, i knew this would turn into a france versus the US of A thread.
Oh, and we won the battle of britain before the US got involved. And when i say we i am including all of the other nationalities that fought with us to stop the nazi's dominating europe.

I think the original point was that, without American involvement in D-Day, France was pretty screwed. Even if the Soviets had eventually taken back France from the Nazis, they would have just occupied it themselves.

Of course, without French help, I'm not sure the US would ever have successfully gained and kept its independence anyway.

The Russians would have probably just declared a cease fire once they pushed Germany out of their territory if the Allies weren't able to re-take France. I don't see the Russians going into Germany with their losses and the extra firepower they would have had to fight against.

Chi Meson said:
Why, the French gave me that idea. They're better thinkers. I used to resist, but now I just accept it.

*grabs a watch*

*dangles it*

you are getting very sleepy... very very sleepy... The United States is the greatest nation on Earth. We did everything first, even the things we weren't around to actually do first such as city sewer systems. Reject all notions to the contrary. Reject even those who agree with you. Buy me a coke.

*snaps his fingers*

loseyourname said:
I'll tell you something both France and the US beat Belgium in: women. Search for "Belgian Women" on google and you get this:
http://www.ifbbbelgium.be/images/IFBB%20Women%20WK%202004.jpg
Along with a bunch of photos of that prairie-dog faced Kim Clijsters.

oh my god

*pukes all over the city*

Last edited by a moderator:
Anttech said:

I was also joking. And I am sure you saw the smile on my face as I can see that hidden camera you have behind my desk.

Hey everybody! It's a great day! I'm great, you're great! Burgers are great! Coke is great! Grab an aptenodyte and let's get us some burgers coke and fr.. fr.. fries!
I'm feeling sleepy.:zzz:

Chi Meson said:
Hey everybody! It's a great day! I'm great, you're great! Burgers are great! Coke is great! Grab an aptenodyte and let's get us some burgers coke and fr.. fr.. fries!
I'm feeling sleepy.:zzz:
Falling asleep faster than a hemidemisemiquaver...

FREHHDUM FRIES!

I should paint some fries red, white, and blue and go up to people and tell them to eat it. If htey don't, ill call them unpatriotic.

Pengwuino said:
I should paint some fries red, white, and blue and go up to people and tell them to eat it. If htey don't, ill call them unpatriotic.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can you tape it, and post the video online somewhere if you do? I'd love to see that.

What would be a great top-off would be if after they denied it, I had some friends dressed up as FBI agents walk up to them and pretend like they are about to arrest them.

Pengwuino said:
*grabs a watch*
*dangles it*
you are getting very sleepy... very very sleepy... The United States is the greatest nation on Earth. We did everything first, even the things we weren't around to actually do first such as city sewer systems. Reject all notions to the contrary. Reject even those who agree with you. Buy me a coke.
*snaps his fingers*

I... am... getting... very... sleepy...

:smile:

So wheres my coke

I wonder what would happen if i made a "Everything in america is better" thread. It would probably be derailed quickly enough by the liberal trolls from P&WA

Last edited:
You wouldn't need any trolls to derail a thread like that, just someone with an IQ higher than 50.. so that excludes you I guess