Spinning ball anomaly

by Azael
Tags: anomaly, ball, spinning
Azael
Dec4-05, 05:05 PM
P: 324
When just browsing around I stumbled over a claimed experiment done by Dr. Bruce DePalma where he claims he has shown that you can make a spinning ball travel higher and fall faster then a non rotating ball. He claims this has no explanation in newtonian physics.

http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_5_7_4.html

Its this pure crackpottery?? This DePalma guy also has some rather fishy project like a "free energy" device using some kind of rotating magnet
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Space-tested fluid flow concept advances infectious disease diagnoses
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
Ivan Seeking
Dec5-05, 01:06 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
Quote Quote by Azael
When just browsing around I stumbled over a claimed experiment done by Dr. Bruce DePalma where he claims he has shown that you can make a spinning ball travel higher and fall faster then a non rotating ball. He claims this has no explanation in newtonian physics.
http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_5_7_4.html
Its this pure crackpottery?? This DePalma guy also has some rather fishy project like a "free energy" device using some kind of rotating magnet
Sounds more like a con than a crackpot. I would forget about it.
Blutz33
Aug23-08, 04:44 PM
P: 2
Dr. Bruce DePalma went to MIT and Harvard. If a thousand years ago you told someone the earth was round they would probably call you an idiot. Now look where we are, the idea of physics could change so much in the next 1000 years that i wouldn't count out any crazy idea.

russ_watters
Aug23-08, 05:14 PM
Mentor
P: 21,999

Spinning ball anomaly

Science didn't exist 1000 years ago, so that analogy is flawed. And this thread is 3 years old.

Register to reply