by Astronuc
Tags: accelerated, aptera, composites, hybrid
Share this thread:
mheslep
Feb20-09, 07:07 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,081
Quote Quote by mheslep View Post
A 100mpg ICE car sounds doable - a reach but doable. ...
Quote Quote by mgb_phys View Post
..A Fiat panda with 1L diesel used to do almost that nearly 20years ago.
A simple google search on the Panda diesel shows that's an overstatement. ~70mpg now, not 100mpg, and certainly not 20 years ago.
mgb_phys
Feb20-09, 10:25 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,954
Quote Quote by mheslep View Post
A simple google search on the Panda diesel shows that's an overstatement. ~70mpg now, not 100mpg, and certainly not 20 years ago.
The original Panda 20years ago only weighed a fraction of the modern one (a new meaning to the word tinny!) it sold with a 600cc petrol engine, put a modern small diesel in it and it would do that (at least for real gallons)

They even had a 4x4 version of the orignal, it was an interesting drive - not exactly overpowered, but if you got stuck 4 of you could lift it out of the hole.
Topher925
Feb21-09, 03:23 PM
P: 1,672
Quote Quote by russ_watters View Post
The company will suck more money from sucker dreamers, then go belly-up. It's an impressive scam they've been able to pull, actually. Reminds me of the solar power tower.
This seems to be the cool thing to do these days. I can think of 5 venture start ups that have or are currently pulling this scam and of course people buy into it hook line an sinker.

BTW, we got about a 1 ft of snow today so far. If I owned one of those, how the hell am I suppose to get anywhere?

Register to reply