Nereid stepping down as A&C Mentor

• Thread starter Nereid
  • Start date
In summary, Nereid has announced her resignation as the Astronomy and Cosmology Mentor due to lack of time and will leave once a replacement is found. She will be missed by the community for her contributions and discussions in the forums. Despite resigning, she plans to continue participating in the forums, albeit less frequently. Many members have expressed their appreciation for her knowledge, communication skills, and fair-mindedness, and she has been nominated for the Science Advisor Medal. Nereid plans to continue being an active member of the community.
Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's been several weeks now since I have been able to devote adequate time to the role of Astronomy and Cosmology Mentor, and in future I'll likely be able to spend even less time here in PF.

So, with great regret, it is necessary that I step down as A&C Mentor. I will leave as soon as a replacement Mentor is ready to take over.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sorry to hear that. :frown:

Best wishes on the path ahead.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will miss you, Nereid. Thanks for all your work in the A&C forums, as well as the great discussions.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Nereid! :cry: :cry: :cry: Don't be a stranger, you've been such an asset to the forum and a good friend to me.

But I know we're getting a super duper new mentor.

Nereid, we're going to miss you...I hope you'll continue to participate whenever you can. I've always appreciated your contributions here. Among the PF sisterhood, you've been the Mother Superior. :approve:

And, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with Evo that we're going to have a fantastic new mentor, and I can't wait until it's all official so we can share that good news. :approve:

Err huh moonbear? Is Nereid a woman? I always though she was a he.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Err huh moonbear? Is Nereid a woman? I always though she was a he.
Smacks cyrus upside the head.

"Nereid is anyone of the sea nymphs, the 50 daughters of Nereus and Doris"

:rofl:

<Runs away from Evo with my tail between my legs>

I'm Ill-literaté, you'll have to excuse me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Who will be your replacment:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And here I was being confused, just read A&C as Academic and Career advice!

:cry: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1I was hopeful to see a day when all PF mentors are female but now... :cry:

Moonbear said:
Nereid, we're going to miss you...I hope you'll continue to participate whenever you can. I've always appreciated your contributions here. Among the PF sisterhood, you've been the Mother Superior. :approve:

I echo MoonB's post. I hope that we will still see you around even if you won't be mentoring. You are a very important part of PF.

Neried,

Thanks so much for all the time you put in. You are an excellent Mentor, and hopefully circumstances will allow you to rejoin us in the future. Let me take this opportunity to offer the first nomination for Nereid's Science Advisor Medal!
:approve:
Lisa! said:
:cry: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1I was hopeful to see a day when all PF mentors are female but now... :cry:

Forget it kid, I'm not going anywhere. :wink:

Nereid said:
So, with great regret, it is necessary that I step down as A&C Mentor. I will leave as soon as a replacement Mentor is ready to take over.

In the past I've suggested you are the best communicator at PF, and I should have added that you are the most fair-minded participant in a debate I've run across. I will miss you very much. :!)

Best of luck, Nereid. I think it fair to say that many of us greatly respect and have benefited from your example.

Tom Mattson said:
Forget it kid, I'm not going anywhere. :wink:
Yeah, I know that's the main problem...:tongue:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I plan to still be around, just less often than even recently.

Nereid said:
I plan to still be around
Woohoo! :smile: I'll miss you. I love it when you use your knowledge to guide people by posing a great question. Best wishes for whatever lies ahead.

Thanks for carrying the A&C torch for a while!

What led to Nereid stepping down as A&C Mentor?

Nereid made the decision to step down as A&C Mentor due to personal reasons.

Who will replace Nereid as A&C Mentor?

The organization is currently in the process of selecting a new A&C Mentor. An announcement will be made once the decision has been finalized.

What impact will Nereid's departure have on the A&C program?

While Nereid's contributions and leadership will be missed, the A&C program will continue to function and provide support to its members. The organization is committed to finding a suitable replacement and ensuring a smooth transition.

Will Nereid still be involved in the A&C program in any capacity?

Nereid has expressed a desire to continue supporting the A&C program in a different role. The organization is discussing potential opportunities for Nereid to remain involved.

How can members of the A&C program show their appreciation for Nereid's contributions?

Members of the A&C program can show their appreciation for Nereid's hard work and dedication by sending messages of gratitude and support. The organization is also planning a special recognition event for Nereid in the near future.