Register to reply

Tricky Problem (at least for me)

by need help
Tags: tricky
Share this thread:
need help
May12-06, 03:21 PM
P: 1
If I have a initial velocity of 0m/s and an acceleration of .76m/s2 and a distance of 2meters what would my final velocity be?

Also I need to find F(net) I know a mu of .15 a time of 5seconds a mass of 5kg and force of gravity equals 49N an normal force equals -49N and force of friction equals -7.35N. I think I'm supposed to use the velocity found in the question above, but I'm not sure and I don't know how. How do I find F(net) with the information I have and what is the answer??

Any help would be greatly appriciated...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
nrqed
May12-06, 04:16 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,887
Quote Quote by need help
If I have a initial velocity of 0m/s and an acceleration of .76m/s2 and a distance of 2meters what would my final velocity be?
[itex] v_{f,x}^2 = v_{i,x}^2 + 2 a_x (x_f-x_i) [/itex] where x_f-x_i is essentially the distance traveled. have you seen this equation before?
Also I need to find F(net) I know a mu of .15 a time of 5seconds a mass of 5kg and force of gravity equals 49N an normal force equals -49N and force of friction equals -7.35N. I think I'm supposed to use the velocity found in the question above, but I'm not sure and I don't know how. How do I find F(net) with the information I have and what is the answer??

Any help would be greatly appriciated...
It

The key point is that the magnitude of the friction force is equal to the magnitude of the normal force times the coefficient of kinetic friction [itex] \mu_k[/itex]

Register to reply