View Poll Results: Which do you like? (Please see pictures first.)
Pertutti Motors - Solo Model 1 25.00%
Honda Motors - Jazz Model 1 25.00%
Yamaha Motors - 2006 Vino Classic 1 25.00%
Yamaha Motors - 2005 Vino Classic 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Planning to Buy a Scooter

by JasonRox
Tags: planning, scooter
Share this thread:
JasonRox
May21-06, 08:56 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,327
Quote Quote by wolram
Some of like to keep these (hand crafted) machines on the road, mine was
made in 1960 and has a four stroke 350 engine, its 500 cousin still holds the record for 24hr at over 100mph.
I think it's a pretty nice bike. I just wouldn't want to ride it around too much.

Anyways, I'm going to go check out a scooter Tuesday night. It's the Yamaha BW50.
Cyrus
May21-06, 08:57 PM
P: 4,780
Get a scooter that looks like one in post #32. The ones you linked to are rather nerdy.
JasonRox
May21-06, 08:59 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Quote Quote by cyrusabdollahi
Get a scooter that looks like one in post #32. The ones you linked to are rather nerdy.
I like the Classic looks though. I'd love to get a Vespa one day.

The Yamaha BW50 is sportier. Here's a picture:

A 2002 model though. The one above is 2005 I believe.
JasonRox
May21-06, 09:01 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Here is a 1999 model:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1999-Yamaha-Zuma-...QQcmdZViewItem
Cyrus
May21-06, 09:05 PM
Man, I would S my pants riding that in city traffic. Over here, you would get run over and no one would stop to see if your ok.
JasonRox
May21-06, 09:08 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Man, I would S my pants riding that in city traffic. Over here, you would get run over and no one would stop to see if your ok.
Getting a motorcycle is no different than a scooter in your scenario, so I don't see the advantage of one at all.

Can't live in fear man.

No wonder everyone drives SUV's. Little babies scared of everything.
Cyrus
May21-06, 09:10 PM
Man, when will you learn that motorcycles are a luxury item?

Stop thinking that owning a scooter/motorcycle is going to save the world with your high MPG and low cost.

You DO NOT ride a bike in the rain
You DO NOT ride a bike in bad weather
You DO NOT carry lots of items.

It is not practical at all. It is a LUXURY ITEM!

Sorry to go off on you, I'm not trying to be mean to you.

Bikes\scooters are IMPRACTICAL and DANGEROUS. PERIOD.
JasonRox
May21-06, 09:31 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold

Stop thinking that owning a scooter/motorcycle is going to save the world with your high MPG and low cost.

It's not a luxury item to me and that's why I will NEVER get it.

I was trying to tell you before that it is not about luxury, and I'm not trying to save the world.
wolram
May22-06, 03:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,682

If numbers 1and 2 are true then there are no motorbikes in the UK.
As i am the only one that has a clue about the topic in this thread.
THREAD CLOSED.
peejake
May22-06, 03:24 AM
P: 69
Quote Quote by wolram
Some of like to keep these (hand crafted) machines on the road, mine was
made in 1960 and has a four stroke 350 engine, its 500 cousin still holds the record for 24hr at over 100mph.
i love the sound of 350cc bikes......definitely would sound better than a 125.....but since both of them are 4 stroke it makes yours louder than mine.....

i used to own a rajdooth 350cc but it used to drink petrol like a car......so i sold it
JasonRox
May22-06, 09:46 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Quote Quote by peejake
i love the sound of 350cc bikes......definitely would sound better than a 125.....but since both of them are 4 stroke it makes yours louder than mine.....

i used to own a rajdooth 350cc but it used to drink petrol like a car......so i sold it
This thread was ruined long ago when someone was trying to be funny.

It happens all too often here on PF.
Cyrus
May22-06, 10:16 AM
Quote Quote by wolram
If numbers 1and 2 are true then there are no motorbikes in the UK.
As i am the only one that has a clue about the topic in this thread.
THREAD CLOSED.

If you ride your bike in the rain, man you're NUTS. EVERYONE I know will never purposefully take their bike out on a rain day, they don't want to die. Riding your bike in the rain is crazy man!
wolram
May22-06, 10:43 AM
PF Gold
If you ride your bike in the rain, man your NUTS. EVERYONE I know will never purposefully take their bike out on a rain day, they don't want to die. Riding your bike in the rain is crazy man!
First of all i would like to say to Jason i am very ,very sorry for my part in ruining your thread.

And Cyrus, (am man i now give respect to), in the Uk we have to ride in the rain, heck the weather changes from bright sun shine to heavy rain in the twinkling of an eye.

And Jason it (was) Cyrus who started it
Cyrus
May22-06, 10:44 AM
Hey hey hey, you were just as bad as me showing that Evo scooter wolram!

Yeah, I am sorry too Jason. I was just yankin your chain for getting a scooter! Don't take it personal.

I think the one you showed isnt half bad, but those 'classic' scooter, well those are really nerdy.

Well, even if it does rain in the UK, that does not mean it is a safe practice on a bike!
JasonRox
May22-06, 11:12 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Yeah, riding in the rain would be crazy.

I wouldn't intentionally ride in the rain though. If I so happened to be coming back home and it rained, that's not really my fault.
wolram
May22-06, 11:30 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by JasonRox
Yeah, riding in the rain would be crazy.

I wouldn't intentionally ride in the rain though. If I so happened to be coming back home and it rained, that's not really my fault.
Have you ever seen bikes racing in the wet? i mean at 150mph plus, it becomes dangerous, when there is a lot of s**t on the road, fuel spills
from trucks are invisible but can be lethal to two wheelers, but if you are sensible and take bends steady you can steer your way out of trouble, the main thing is to wear protective clothing so if you do fall off injuries will be minimal, i know.
Cyrus
May22-06, 11:32 AM
Nuts man, you're nuts!

I would never take a bike out in the rain. Those tires are not designed for wet roads! Their treads are just incase you get caught in a sprinkle, not for riding around in the wet.
peejake
May22-06, 06:22 PM
P: 69
Nuts man, you're nuts!

I would never take a bike out in the rain. Those tires are not designed for wet roads! Their treads are just incase you get caught in a sprinkle, not for riding around in the wet.
Trust me i agree totally with this guy.......I was once riding on a cold rainy day and there was this oil spill on a steep road at a signals.....I was slowing down and i think i released the clutch of my bike too soon when slowing down when i realised i started wobbling badly..It was too late i jammed my brakes in frustration making things worse.....I fell to my right side hurting my ankle and scraping my shoulder.....Thank God there was no one following me close behind......It was not serious.....

I got off my bike and there was this old lady wheeling her grandchild in a pram.....She didnt look all that fit enough to help me lift the bike back up.....To my surprise she offered to help me and on the count of three we lifted the bike together......

I will never forget that day......Honestly.....

-jake

Register to reply