View Poll Results: Which do you like? (Please see pictures first.)
Pertutti Motors - Solo Model 1 25.00%
Honda Motors - Jazz Model 1 25.00%
Yamaha Motors - 2006 Vino Classic 1 25.00%
Yamaha Motors - 2005 Vino Classic 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Planning to Buy a Scooter

by JasonRox
Tags: planning, scooter
Share this thread:
wolram
May23-06, 02:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,682
Crazy old me is going on a motorbike ride today, there is a 50% chance of rain but the sun is out now, things to remember, it has been raining for 3 days so loose gravel, i will be using country roads so muck left by tractors
exiting fields, there will be cars on the road so loony car drivers, i may have
to ride an isolated area so ufos.
JasonRox
May23-06, 04:26 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,329
No scooter for me. :(

The insurance prices are just INSANE!

A scooter can't even get a speeding ticket because they don't go fast enough and insurance is sky high!

Anyways, I wrote a message to the Provincial Minister and will be writing him a formal letter soon. I'm also going to go talk to our Local Provincial MP and will be writing an editorial to a newspaper about this problem.

How can we reduce smog when they are charging an arm and a leg on scooter insurance? Like, come on!
scorpa
May23-06, 04:33 PM
P: 372
That is absolute stupidity that insurance on a scooter would be so high, I mean come on it is a tiny little 50cc engine not a sportbike. Anyway sorry to hear its not going to work out for you, hopefully something good will come out of the letters you write. Good luck.
JasonRox
May23-06, 04:38 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
Quote Quote by scorpa
That is absolute stupidity that insurance on a scooter would be so high, I mean come on it is a tiny little 50cc engine not a sportbike. Anyway sorry to hear its not going to work out for you, hopefully something good will come out of the letters you write. Good luck.
Let's hope the Prime Minister of Ontario can read.
wolram
May23-06, 04:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,682
[QUOTE=JasonRox]Let's hope the Prime Minister of Ontario can read. [/QUOTE
If he/she is any thing like ours he/she will have a plethora of underling to
do the reading, save your ink Jason, however i do know of a guy who had
the right idea.
JasonRox
May23-06, 05:09 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
I'll post the letter for the editorial soon. I'd like to have some CONSTRUCTIVE opinions of it when I'm done.
Cyrus
May23-06, 05:11 PM
P: 4,780
Why would insurance be cheap on a little scooter? You can't go fast enough to get out of a cars way, and if you do crash it's not going to be nice.

At least a bike can zip out of danger. The best you can do is pray.

Why do you need full year coverage for a bike you only ride in the summer?
scorpa
May23-06, 05:28 PM
P: 372
I don't know how it works in Ontario, but in Alberta you can save a lot of insurance money by taking a motorcycle training course....I don't know if the savings would also be for scooters as well though, you would have to check it out. The programs are very good though if you can get into one where they teach you the skill and then you test for your license at the end. Something you can look into anyway.
rcgldr
May24-06, 01:31 AM
HW Helper
P: 7,033
A coworker got an electric scooter. In the USA, these are legal on bicycle trails. This was one of the faster scooters, with a top speed near 25mph. The co-worker commuted by train, then use the scooter to commute from the train station to work and back to the train station.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside them:
It's called anabolic steriods.
peejake
May24-06, 01:36 AM
P: 69
Quote Quote by cyrusabdollahi
Why do you need full year coverage for a bike you only ride in the summer?
The possiblility of it being stolen......Insurance is a must unless you are very sure you are not going to carsh or get your bike stolen....
Mk
May24-06, 01:56 AM
P: 2,056
Champions are made from something they have deep inside them:
Something I don't have.

Register to reply