No end in sight!

by Cyrus
Tags: sight
Share this thread:
Cyrus
May19-06, 02:10 PM
P: 4,780
This semester is OVER!

Today was my last final. I think I pulled a 4.0 this semester.

I am so glad I have all this free time!

Oh, wait thats right.....my summer classes start June 5th,
  • Mechanical Engineering 331. Fluid Mechanics (Summer Session I)
  • English Language and Literature 393. Technical Writing (Summer Session I)
  • Afro-American Studies 298L. Intro to African-American Lit (Summer Session II)
  • Art 150. Introduction to Art Theory (Summer Session II)

But after this summer I will NEVER have to take another humanity class.

(they make us take 18 credits of humanity and 6 of engrish, that's just not right)

Oh wait, then there is the fall, heat transfer, vibrations I, Electronics II, and Materials

Make it stop, make it stop!!!

Post your academic sucess stories for this semester in here. (I don't want to hear, nor care about how you failed)

I only got 3 hours of sleep before my exam today, so if you will excuse me, I'm going to go pass out so I can go out and get some drinks with my friend later tonight.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Lisa!
May19-06, 02:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 973
Quote Quote by cyrusabdollahi

But after this summer I will NEVER have to take another humanity class.
I think you should have resigned from humanity sooner! But well being late is better than never...
Cyrus
May19-06, 02:15 PM
Humanities classes are inhumane

Kudos goes out to Mattmns for his linear exam, oh yeah here's lookin at you!

Astronuc
May19-06, 03:00 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
No end in sight!

Or it's the end of the beginning.
mattmns
May19-06, 03:01 PM
P: 1,123
I got a 3.75 this semester, I got a B- in western civ In my other 3 classes (3 math classes ) I got 2 A's and an A+, Linear Algebra, Vector Analysis, and Intro to Prob/Stats, respectively. I had a 103.5 average in Vectors but no A+

Congrats on the nice semester Cyrus. If only we can get Pengwuino to follow our great example
wolram
May19-06, 03:11 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,682
When Cyrus is disconnected from the hive will he be able to function independantly ?
Math Is Hard
May19-06, 03:28 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,923
In two weeks my community college days are over forever! w00t! I are gonna be goin to a reel collige now!

Congrats, Cyrus! Keep up the good work.
wolram
May19-06, 03:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,682
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard
In two weeks my community college days are over forever! w00t! I are gonna be goin to a reel collige now!

Congrats, Cyrus! Keep up the good work.
Hey, congrats MIH, a sure winner
Astronuc
May19-06, 03:47 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Hearty congratulations to Cyrus, mattmns and MIH! Well done!

Umm, I'm still waiting for Pengwuino's report card.
scorpa
May19-06, 03:58 PM
P: 372
University let out for me at the end of April so I've bee done for awhile now. I ended up finishing with a 3.6 which is ok but I wanted better.....my apartment flooded about 2 weeks before finals started and I had to live with 7 industrial fans going 24/7 (they sounded like jet engines) so that cut into my studying a bit. Oh well I have next year to bring it up! Congratulations to everyone who just finished, you guys did great!
Cyrus
May19-06, 06:03 PM
Quote Quote by mattmns
I got a 3.75 this semester, I got a B- in western civ In my other 3 classes (3 math classes ) I got 2 A's and an A+, Linear Algebra, Vector Analysis, and Intro to Prob/Stats, respectively. I had a 103.5 average in Vectors but no A+

Congrats on the nice semester Cyrus. If only we can get Pengwuino to follow our great example
103.5, sweet.

I had that in my Materials class last semester. OWNED.
Pyrrhus
May20-06, 06:12 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,279
I did fairly well past semester. I was taking:

Leadership and Modernization
Structural Analysis II
General Hydraulics
Hydrology
Engineering Materials

Leadership was some kind of humanity course. It was fairly boring. We talked about the qualities a leader posseses, types of leaders in society and etc... Anyway, i liked the last project. The civil engineers united under one group and invested money and time on fixing up a local elementary school, which was pretty busted. I got an A.

Structural Analysis II and General Hydraulics were both really interesting. I learned quite a bit. Got an A on both.

For me Hydrology was tedious, especially the project. I spent a whole deal of time and money working on an hydrological study of a river's watershed (drainage basin). I had to find the geomorphological parameters of the watershed, plus apply some other methods i learned in class. It took me A LOT of time. You wouldn't believe... Anyway i got a good grade.

Engineering Materials was the best class of the semester. I ended up making hydraulic concrete!!. I calculated the correct amount of Portland cement, aggregates (sand and chad ["Grava" in spanish]) and water throught the ACI method. The result was an hydraulic concrete with a strength of 180 kg/m^2. All of this was done on the lab, of course. It was the last practice. Got an A too. Btw, when we broke the testtube, it had the correct strength

Well right now, i am taking:

Highway Design I -> So far it looks tedious , huge project.

Structural Design I -> Looks moderate, too much to read. It's basicly reinforced concrete design, i got other design courses for steel and wood.

Aqueducts and Sewers -> I got my basis covered, i'll be ok.

Soil Mechanics -> I like learning about it, but the teacher is crazy. All i know about soils came from my Geology I class.

Constructive Methods in Engineering -> Haven't taken the first class, and it's the 2nd week already. The dean of the school is teaching it.

Register to reply