Discover Free Alternatives to vBulletin - Check Them Out Now!

• Thread starter STAii
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the comparison between vBulletin and Invision Board, both forum software. The speaker mentions that while vBulletin is not free, it is very cool and has many features and good support. They also note that mkaku.org forums recently switched from Invision to vBulletin. The other person mentions that Invision is still in alpha and not a commercial product that can scale easily.
STAii
I know that vBulletin is very cool (and made in PHP), but i also know it is not free !
So the other day i was browsing ... and came across forums that look almost like the vBulletin ... but ... are FREE !
Check them out here : http://www.invisionboard.com/
And they look really great !

So .. are we making a conversion :wink: ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Other boards don't have even close to as many features as vB. Also the support is unmatched. I do like the way vB is coded and organized. mkaku.org forums used to be invision, but they just switched to vB.

Invision is also still in alpha and isn't a commercial product that can scale easily.

Last edited:

1. What are some free alternatives to vBulletin?

Some free alternatives to vBulletin include MyBB, phpBB, Simple Machines Forum (SMF), and FluxBB.

2. Are these free alternatives as feature-rich as vBulletin?

While vBulletin may have more features, these free alternatives offer many similar features such as customizable themes, user profiles, and moderation tools.

3. Can I migrate my forum from vBulletin to one of these free alternatives?

Yes, most of these free alternatives have migration tools available to help you transfer your forum content from vBulletin.

4. Are there any limitations to using these free alternatives?

Some of these free alternatives may have limited support or community compared to vBulletin, and may not have as many add-ons or plugins available.

5. Is it difficult to set up and use these free alternatives?

The level of difficulty may vary depending on your technical skills, but most of these free alternatives have user-friendly interfaces and documentation to help with the setup process.