Get Expert Math Answers for Your Japanese Scholarship Exam | Study in Japan

• Thread starter aalmighty
  • Start date
In summary: This is why you need to always be careful when solving equations. :)In summary, the author attempted to solve equations but had trouble due to a typo and a misunderstanding of the question.
aalmighty
I'm giving a scholarship exam to study undergrad engineering in Japan. They have a sample test on their site for practice, I've attempted it but have no one to check my answers and they aren't given anywhere, so please check and correct whever nessasary

download the question paper from http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/pdf/017e.pdf". Even though the paper is in english, you'll need to get japanese support on your acrobat.

My Answers

1) 1. x lies between 1 and 2, not including 1 and 2

2. x=1

3. x=2

4. x lies between pi/6 and pi/3 and between 2*pi/3 and 5*pi/6, ends not included

5. x lies between negative infinity to -1 and further between 1 to infinity, ends not included.

6. r=sqrt(3), theta=pi/6

7. a=2, b=13

8. 6

9. 7

10. 0

11. 1/45 and 14/45 respectively

2) 1. (a^3)/8

2. (a/2)^n3) a=-1, b=0, c=2

4) a. (1-k)x - y + (k^2)/2 = 0

b. Couldn't solve, please help

c. Dependent on part b, so couldn't solve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello aalmighty,

I only had a look at problem number 4 so far. I get the same equation for the tangent to the curve [tex]C_1[/tex]. Just try to find the equation for the tangent to the curve [tex]C_2[/tex] on the same way and go from there.

I've found two values for k leading to two tangents. If you take a closer look at both curves (maybe sketch them), you'll quickly see which ones they are.

Regards,

nazzard

For 1, part 5, you have a typo: it should be x< -1 or x> 1 (you have x< 1 or x> 1).

For 1, part 6, I get [itex]\frac{2}{5}\sqrt{3}[/itex] not your [itex]\sqrt{3}[/itex].

For 2, the answers, A2 and An, must be matrices not numbers. Did you think they meant the determinant?

if they were matrices, they could be written as a function of A, which is the original matrix, the question said to write in terms of a, so I assumed it meant the determinant. Isn't that the case? If it isn't, please explain.

aalmighty said:
if they were matrices, they could be written as a function of A, which is the original matrix, the question said to write in terms of a, so I assumed it meant the determinant. Isn't that the case? If it isn't, please explain.
That's certainly not how I read the question! Writing them "as a function of A" would just be A2, A3, etc. ! Just go ahead and calculate a few of the products and see what happens.

If
[tex]A= \left( \begin{array}{cc} a & 0 \\ 1 & a \end{array}\right)[/tex]
then
[tex]A^2= \left( \begin{array}{cc} a^2 & 0 \\ 2a & a^2 \end{array}\right)[/tex]
[tex]A^3= \left( \begin{array}{cc} a^3 & 0 \\ 3a^2 & a^3 \end{array}\right)[/tex]

Do you see the pattern?

1. How can I check if my math answers are correct?

One way to check your math answers is to solve the problem using a different method or approach and compare the results. You can also use online calculators or ask someone else to review your work.

2. Is it important to check my math answers?

Yes, it is important to check your math answers to ensure accuracy and avoid making mistakes. Checking your work can also help you identify any areas where you need to improve your understanding of a concept.

3. What should I do if my math answers are incorrect?

If you realize that your math answers are incorrect, you should go back and review your work to find any mistakes. You can also ask for help from a teacher or tutor to understand where you may have gone wrong.

4. Can I use a calculator to check my math answers?

Yes, you can use a calculator to check your math answers, but it is important to understand how to use the calculator correctly. Some problems may require mental math or manual calculations to arrive at the correct answer.

5. How can I improve my accuracy in checking my math answers?

One way to improve your accuracy in checking math answers is to practice regularly and pay attention to details. It is also helpful to double-check your work and identify any common mistakes you tend to make. Seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also improve your understanding and accuracy.