Register to reply

Newt Gingrich declares: This is WWIII

by Ivan Seeking
Tags: declares, gingrich, newt, wwiii
Share this thread:
McGyver
Jul17-06, 03:45 PM
P: n/a
For those of your who were fortunate enough to see Sunday's "Meet the Press" program hosted by Tim Russert, it was nothing short of a "Presidential Debate" between Senator Joe Biden and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. It was a no rhetoric nuts and bolts discussion.

The program echoed recent revellations that Hezbollah is a far more advanced and infiltrated organization than Al Queda. I was never convinced after 911 that Al Queda deserved the terror threat the Bush White House painted of them, and continues to today. But, Hezbollah, as the militant arm of Syria and Iran, this is REAL!

The topic and the mid-East conflict is very serious, and the two politicians debated in substantive form, agreeing on much of the foreign policy challenges facing the world. The key difference was in Gingrich's hawkish statement he would have hit N. Korea first weeks back when they launched a series of missiles. Biden spoke differently that such a U.S. attack would have caused N. Korea to invade the South. Gingrich also charply criticized the Bush White House.

I gave the advantage to Biden on the 30 minute debate, mostly for his more carefully thought out plans. Gingrich was well informed, but seemed willing to take on too many risks and assumptions.

So I ask, "Tis the pen mightier than the sword?"
physicsmasta
Jul17-06, 03:49 PM
P: 7
i agree, we do live ininteresting times
physicsmasta
Jul17-06, 03:50 PM
and yes it is, you can sign a contract with a lawyer, but if you are killed, the swordman will go away for life.
physicsmasta
Jul17-06, 03:51 PM
should isreal decleare all out war, or cease fire?
physicsmasta
Jul17-06, 03:54 PM
is america the worlds moderator, must we intervene in every small scuffle, or every world war?
kyleb
Jul17-06, 04:20 PM
P: 115
Quote Quote by Plastic Photon
My best estimate is he is paving the way for a new line of Republicans, maybe a more dove-like contingency, to make a run at the whitehouse and the senate.
Surely you jest on the "dove-like"? He wants to bust out the phoenix.
Hurkyl
Jul17-06, 04:57 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,091
should isreal decleare all out war, or cease fire?
And I bet if Israel declares cease fire, all other parties will stop firing too.
kyleb
Jul17-06, 06:37 PM
I think they would slow down quite a bit; and if Israel fully withdrew from Palestinian land, they would continue to slow down to the point that they would eventually stop.
Office_Shredder
Jul17-06, 07:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,500
Quote Quote by kyleb
I think they would slow down quite a bit; and if Israel fully withdrew from Palestinian land, they would continue to slow down to the point that they would eventually stop.
So when Israel withdrew from the Gaza strip...... did they stop?

Not really. It looks like they just took the opportunity to build up their reserves
kyleb
Jul17-06, 07:36 PM
While Israel withdrew from the Gaza strip they contenued to occupy and expand elsewhere.
Ivan Seeking
Jul17-06, 10:08 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by McGyver
So I ask, "Tis the pen mightier than the sword?"
Well, tell them to "stop doing this sh't" is our foreign policy.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1767800.cms
Ivan Seeking
Jul17-06, 10:34 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by McGyver
For those of your who were fortunate enough to see Sunday's "Meet the Press" program hosted by Tim Russert, it was nothing short of a "Presidential Debate" between Senator Joe Biden and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. It was a no rhetoric nuts and bolts discussion.
MTP is often great. This may have something to do with the fact that it has been running for over 58 years.

Sidebar: I sure hope Russert doesn't let Andrea Mitchell host again.

And Novak is such a lying weasel. Go on and read his transcript. But that's another thread.
kyleb
Jul18-06, 12:05 AM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking
And who their right mind honestly believes Syria has the power to pull that off?
Skyhunter
Jul18-06, 02:11 PM
P: 1,409
Quote Quote by kyleb
And who their right mind honestly believes Syria has the power to pull that off?
George W. Bush.

Oh, I missed the "right mind" caveat.
SOS2008
Jul19-06, 07:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,554
As usual, such remarks reflect the real Bush. Anyone who voted for Bush who does not now admit he is an embarrassment to our country is in major denial. And I'd like to know how the religious-right can continue to view Bush as a good, God-fearing man. Because he vetoed stem-cell research? He is an ignorant jerk, and unfortunately a very powerful one thanks to his supporters. Newt is right about one thing. If there is WWIII, it will be because of BushCo stupidity.
russ_watters
Jul19-06, 08:45 PM
Mentor
P: 22,305
What's wrong with that? The world community is in pretty much unanamous agreement that that is what has to happen. Even Russia and China now.
Ivan Seeking
Jul19-06, 11:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Well then we're done. It really is that easy.

Let's tell the Iraqis as much and everyone can come home.
russ_watters
Jul20-06, 01:35 AM
Mentor
P: 22,305
Well then we're done. It really is that easy.
What is that easy? Explain your objection to that statement!

Are you saying you do not think Lebanon should make an effort to secure its own territory?

Register to reply