Share this thread:
dlgoff
Jul3-11, 07:47 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,733
Quote Quote by DevilsAvocado View Post
Oh man!!

I haven’t really been listening to heavy metal for some 20 years or so (got 'immune' by hammering in a band thru my teenage years), but tonight Metallica was live on TV for 3 hr and it was just BRUTAL!!
And the real cool thing – they seem to have headbanging fans in all ages!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLKFavXe4E

(15 months and sign of the horns is almost there... )
You think he'll be into QM when he grows up? Headbangers for Physics.
DevilsAvocado
Jul3-11, 08:23 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,662
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
You think he'll be into QM when he grows up? Headbangers for Physics.
Yup! Enter QM Sandman!

Willowz
Jul3-11, 09:06 PM
P: 256
SpringCreek
Jul3-11, 09:17 PM
P: 1
AC/DC telling it like it is.

SpringCreek
Jul3-11, 09:42 PM
Joan Jett then...

And now. She's still got it. (And so does Carmen Electra)

DevilsAvocado
Jul4-11, 06:42 AM
PF Gold

+

=
DevilsAvocado
Jul4-11, 08:17 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Willowz View Post
Ya mon reespek, Danish raggamuffin irie mon. How about stressing da irie original mon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FCdx7Dn0o
SpringCreek
Jul4-11, 09:31 AM
Him say
Quote Quote by DevilsAvocado View Post
Ya mon reespek, Danish raggamuffin irie mon. How about stressing da irie original mon?

DevilsAvocado
Jul4-11, 09:37 AM
PF Gold
Cool!
Willowz
Jul4-11, 06:28 PM
P: 256
If I may,
SpringCreek
Jul6-11, 08:03 PM
Quote Quote by Willowz View Post
If I may,
I wish you would! Oh wait, maybe I can. Was this it?

SpringCreek
Jul6-11, 08:28 PM
I came across this surf video while looking for Hawaii videos. Good reggae from 1992. "Shark Attack" by the Wailing Souls.

Chi Meson
Jul7-11, 09:22 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Members here will know of my fondness for They Might be Giants (clicked my sig yet, baby?), and I'm not one to get in your face over my musical preferences (not since I became an adult at age 34, anyway), BUT...

It took me no time to love the following video. It's a cover of a song I had been ambivalent about for the last decade (Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping"; haters, don't hang up yet). The prevailing good moods of the two Johns (Linnell and Flansburg) are infectuous, and have turned a dour drinking song into the upbeat anthem it was meant to be.

See it here for completeness as part of the Undercover series at Onion's AV Club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/they-...bawamba,53068/

Or view in Youtube, without the Starbuck's ad, without the long load (the video is now "viral" and the Onion AV Club's server is apparently unable to keep up with demand). But the Youtube bounce unfortunately clipped off the first line of the song:
HowlerMonkey
Jul9-11, 07:28 PM
P: 277
Evo
Jul9-11, 07:36 PM
Mentor
P: 26,659
Quote Quote by Chi Meson View Post
Members here will know of my fondness for They Might be Giants (clicked my sig yet, baby?), and I'm not one to get in your face over my musical preferences (not since I became an adult at age 34, anyway), BUT...

It took me no time to love the following video. It's a cover of a song I had been ambivalent about for the last decade (Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping"; haters, don't hang up yet). The prevailing good moods of the two Johns (Linnell and Flansburg) are infectuous, and have turned a dour drinking song into the upbeat anthem it was meant to be.

See it here for completeness as part of the Undercover series at Onion's AV Club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/they-...bawamba,53068/

Or view in Youtube, without the Starbuck's ad, without the long load (the video is now "viral" and the Onion AV Club's server is apparently unable to keep up with demand). But the Youtube bounce unfortunately clipped off the first line of the song:
Thank you for that Chi. I also love They Might Be Giants.
Jimmy
Jul9-11, 07:52 PM
P: 691
As the ukulele seems to be very popular these days, I thought I would post an arrangement of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that I think is amazing:

SpringCreek
Jul9-11, 09:05 PM
Quote Quote by Jimmy View Post
As the ukulele seems to be very popular these days, I thought I would post an arrangement of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that I think is amazing:
I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much, but now I agree that it's pretty amazing.

I like how the audience was smiling, and then I realized that I was smiling too.
Jimmy
Jul9-11, 09:20 PM
P: 691
People are often surprised by the music that can be made with a ukulele- especially when hearing someone like Jake play. Ten years ago, as a guitar player, I would have probably smirked if someone mentioned playing the ukulele. I've been playing one for a couple of years now and it really does make me smile.

Register to reply