Share this thread:
Moonbear
Nov10-06, 09:26 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Quote Quote by physics girl phd
The glass-tumbler method is the method my college roomates and I used to catch roaches in our house. We would then deliver them a few doors down and deposit them outside the house that had loud parties involving hideous music choices.
Wow, you're a devious one! That's the best retribution for loud parties keeping you up all night I've ever heard!
physics girl phd
Nov10-06, 10:30 PM
P: 936
Danger-danger! No wonder you're "Danger"! WD-40 and a lighter!

I have a VERY vivid memory of my big-brother doing the exact same thing to a large black widow-like thing in our garage when I was a wee little one.
Moonbear
Nov11-06, 12:24 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Quote Quote by SpaceTiger
Apparently she was. We've been dating for a month and a half now.
Oh, I forgot...congrats! (I was distracted by the thought of trapping cockroaches with a tumbler. )

Hey, that's the same way I met my very first boyfriend, way back in Kindergarten! He showed me his collection of dead bugs (I think they were supposed to be alive in the plastic little bug house thing he had) and then I helped him catch a fly to add to the collection. Then we decided we would be boyfriend and girlfriend and get married (I had much better luck at getting proposals when I was young ). He's the same kid who got me in trouble in first grade...he brought in a big rubber spider, and gave it to me, and then I promptly put it on the chair of one of the other girls who started screaming when she saw it. I just didn't understand why I got in trouble because she screamed so much over a rubber spider.
tehno
Nov11-06, 12:17 PM
P: 363
Quote Quote by Evo
We won't forget you ST, we'll sticky a Space Tiger Memorial thread in Astronomy.
Does the spider bite still hurt? We're you romping through the hay last night?
This was the consequence of spending night with a Black Widow
BobG
Jan25-07, 04:00 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Quote Quote by physics girl phd View Post
The glass-tumbler method is the method my college roomates and I used to catch roaches in our house. We would then deliver them a few doors down and deposit them outside the house that had loud parties involving hideous music choices.

Our best moment was when I caught two going at it in our hallway (making catching BOTH of these top priority)... let them stare at each other for a few days from under separate tumblers...(yeah, you WANT to be under the glass don't you, you horny little insects)... then, after our amusement with this torture faded, slipping them in the same glass for delivery to the party house.
Wow. Physics girl phd was a really strange person. Is she still around?

I once tried breeding cannibalistic roaches, hoping to release them after many generations of nothing to each but each other, but cockroach sex torture is just plain demented.
Gokul43201
Jan25-07, 04:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by BobG View Post
... of nothing to each but each other...
Practising your FDR, eh?

Register to reply