Register to reply

What the spectrum of radiation of stellar objects depends of?

by Michael F. Dmitriyev
Tags: depends, objects, radiation, spectrum, stellar
Share this thread:
Michael F. Dmitriyev
Jan31-04, 01:32 PM
P: 348
In the Theory development forum I develop my theory of a general origin of all fundamental forces. As an example of practical application of this theory I have developed the table of spectra of radiation of stars and fogs in dependence from a value of their magnetic and gravity fields. I ask to compare my results to an existing database and to make the conclusion about conformity.
The table is in the attachment.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf the_table.pdf (34.4 KB, 3 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Astronomy news on Phys.org
Mysterious molecules in space
Next-generation Thirty Meter Telescope begins construction in Hawaii
Comet Jacques makes a 'questionable' appearance
Nereid
Feb7-04, 06:06 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,014
You will need to quantify the labels in your table, only then would it be possible to make a comparison.

Before you go collecting data on stars, I suggest that you read up about the luminosity-radius-temperature relationship, e.g.:
http://www-astronomy.mps.ohio-state....t1/hrdiag.html
and the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, e.g.:
http://cassfos02.ucsd.edu/public/tutorial/HR.html

It will then be a simple exercise to calculate the surface gravity of any star in the H-R diagram; you will then have a gravity-spectrum relationship (the spectrum of a star is a much more detailed description than 'colour').

To begin with, you may assume all stars have 'weak' magnetic fields; once you've done the first stage of the research program I outlined here, you can start looking into variations due to magnetic field.

BTW, what do you mean by 'fogs'?

Register to reply