Please recommend physics REVIEW book

In summary, some good physics review books for beginners include "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker. There are also specific review books for standardized tests like the SAT or AP exams, such as "The Princeton Review Cracking the SAT Physics Subject Test" and "5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1 Algebra-Based 2020 Edition." Online resources and interactive review books for physics are also available, such as Khan Academy, Quizlet, and Physics Classroom. For advanced students, recommended review books include "University Physics" by Hugh D.
johntam
Hi guys, can someone recommend a good physics textbook/review book? I am very iffy on some of the physical concepts. I don't need a review book that will tell me the formula and give me a problem to plug it in with.

I need to understand the concepts first before practicing. My physics book just takes too many conceptual leaps. Thx

Physics news on Phys.org
For a general overview of all that is physics (not too detailed, but lots of information nonetheless) I reccommend: Young - University Physics.

Sure, I would recommend "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt as a great review book for understanding physical concepts. It focuses on building a strong foundation of understanding before diving into problem-solving, making it a great resource for someone who is iffy on certain concepts. Additionally, "Physics Made Simple" by Christopher Gordon is another great option that breaks down complex concepts into easy-to-understand explanations. Both of these books prioritize conceptual understanding over formula memorization, so they would be a perfect fit for your needs. Happy studying!

1. What are some good physics review books for beginners?

Some popular physics review books for beginners include "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker.

2. Are there any physics review books specifically for standardized tests like the SAT or AP exams?

Yes, there are several physics review books specifically designed for standardized tests. Some examples include "The Princeton Review Cracking the SAT Physics Subject Test" and "5 Steps to a 5: AP Physics 1 Algebra-Based 2020 Edition."

3. Are there any online resources or interactive review books for physics?

Yes, there are many online resources and interactive review books for physics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Quizlet, and Physics Classroom. These resources often include practice problems, videos, and interactive simulations to help reinforce concepts.

4. Can you recommend a physics review book for advanced students?

For advanced students, some recommended physics review books include "University Physics" by Hugh D. Young and Roger A. Freedman, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard P. Feynman, and "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor.

5. Are there any physics review books that cover specific topics or areas of physics?

Yes, there are many physics review books that focus on specific topics or areas of physics. For example, "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Zbigniew Ficek and "Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach" by Yunus A. Çengel and Michael A. Boles are both highly recommended for their respective topics.