Register to reply

Valentine poll

by Monique
Tags: poll, valentine
Share this thread:
The_Professional
Feb11-04, 05:25 PM
P: 583
I just bought 2 tickets for a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan with food and dancing. I have nobody to take with me but I'm saving it for the future since the ticket lasts up to November 2005. Perhaps next Valentines, who knows..
Evo
Feb11-04, 05:27 PM
Mentor
P: 26,412
Originally posted by The_Professional
I just bought 2 tickets for a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan with food and dancing. I have nobody to take with me but I'm saving it for the future since the ticket lasts up to November 2005. Perhaps next Valentines, who knows..
That sounds wonderful, how romantic.
The_Professional
Feb11-04, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Evo
That sounds wonderful, how romantic.
Thanks
jimmy p
Feb11-04, 05:36 PM
PF Gold
P: 580
The Professional has to make a professional job of it, that girl is gonna feel like the luckiest person on earth.

Lol i previously offered to take this girl out but she wont be down for the weekend, and is going out with her dad for valentines day. hehe she cant decide if it is tragic or sweet that her dad is going to take her out. I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!!! [b(]
Tsu
Feb11-04, 11:57 PM
PF Gold
P: 638
Originally posted by jimmy p
Lol i previously offered to take this girl out but she wont be down for the weekend, and is going out with her dad for valentines day. hehe she cant decide if it is tragic or sweet that her dad is going to take her out. I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!!! [b(]
That's very SWEET, Chopnik. My dad took me out for a Valentine's dinner when my mom was in the hospital with pneumonia when I was in high school. It's a memory I treasure. If she's truly your Valentine, you could (QUICK! ) buy her a beanie bear with some pretty earrings attached to it's ears so she has something from YOU to wear on her date with her dad...

Just an idea...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you get CHOCOLATES!!!
Sting
Feb12-04, 01:42 PM
P: 228
I risked my job for a girl just recently (if that counts as anything romantic) but as to answer the question...

Single, probably won't get noticed but I'm too busy with my Engineering Statistics course to give a damn in the first place.

Not only that, but Valentine's Day is commercialized. Why do you need one day to tell that someone that you care for them?
Monique
Feb12-04, 02:09 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,638
Originally posted by Sting
Not only that, but Valentine's Day is commercialized. Why do you need one day to tell that someone that you care for them?
You don't, but it is a good excuse to take the night off and give some extra attention. Maybe rent a movie, make your favorite diner, go to that exibition you'd be wanting to go to.

I hate the commercialization, it is crazy.. this whole past week has been about nothing but valentine's day. The stores are full with these cheap cheezy gifts and stuff, the radio is going on non-stop about it, even the cafeteria has changed its menu the entire week to host the theme.

I just think it should be a day where you look eachother in the face and feel comfortable. Not walking around frantically looking for the cheapest roze and a card.
chroot
Feb12-04, 02:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,429
Originally posted by Monique
I just think it should be a day where you look eachother in the face and feel comfortable. Not walking around frantically looking for the cheapest roze and a card.
Marry me?

- Warren
jimmy p
Feb12-04, 03:10 PM
PF Gold
P: 580
Originally posted by Tsunami
That's very SWEET, Chopnik. My dad took me out for a Valentine's dinner when my mom was in the hospital with pneumonia when I was in high school. It's a memory I treasure. If she's truly your Valentine, you could (QUICK! ) buy her a beanie bear with some pretty earrings attached to it's ears so she has something from YOU to wear on her date with her dad...

Just an idea...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you get CHOCOLATES!!!

thats not the point, I WANTED TO TAKE HER OUT!! I dont think she is really my valentine, she is certainly attractive but lives far away at the moment, i just planned it to be a vaguely romantic evening for two close friends who never go out on valentines day anyway...a break from the norm.
The_Professional
Feb12-04, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by jimmy p
The Professional has to make a professional job of it, that girl is gonna feel like the luckiest person on earth.
Thank you
DarkAnt
Feb12-04, 07:56 PM
P: 194
I'm 17 and I still haven't had a girlfriend. I'm that kid in the movies who really likes a girl and ends up messing up every word he says to her and she ends up thinking he's an idot. Except I don't eventually get the girl like the kid in the movies does.
Loren Booda
Feb12-04, 08:36 PM
P: 3,408
DarkAnt,

I'm almost 45 and am celebrating on this Valentine's Day the anniversary of my most serious relationship. I look back to all of the women and girls I have rejected, mostly out of feeling inadequate. I've found that if you can establish a sense of fun and goodness with a woman, the rest follows naturally.

My mother used to claim that Valentine's Day was invented around the turn of the century by the card and candy companies.
Shahil
Feb13-04, 03:16 AM
P: 218
Hmm...You know this Valentines Day thing is a really odd phenomena. MOST people I know kinda use that old cliche that they really don't care about it but when the time comes, they get alll mushy and fuzzy and end up doing really "icky" (as a 5 year old will put it) stuff.

Aagh, that's just an observation.

Me - I, personally, am trying hard NOT to do anything on V-Day coz the girl I like and me aren't really close yet (and I'm broke and can't buy a prez...) As fate will have it, I will be forced to see her on Saturday so there's my plan blown (and the little money I had left!!!)

I was talking to my neighbour last nite and he gave me a very good suggestion - make a move AFTER V-day, IT'S CHEAPER!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register to reply