Some new cookies started appearing in The Bakery very recently.

• Thread starter Isolex
  • Start date
In summary: Looks like not only did he post it directly from another competition, but he failed to ask the correct question. The question asked here has 3 different answers. The *correct* question has only one answer. I wonder if he can answer his own question?
Isolex
These cookies are in the shape of different letters of the alphabet. The Breadmaster started laying the cookies out to cool, and you observed the letters as he laid them out in this order:
H B N A I E P R O

What will be the next three letters he lays out to cool?

Can you solve my riddle?

Physics news on Phys.org
No one knows? Ha. I must be a genius.

Isolex said:
No one knows? Ha. I must be a genius.

It's only been 4 hours...

I didn't think it was THIS hard...

Isolex said:
These cookies are in the shape of different letters of the alphabet. The Breadmaster started laying the cookies out to cool, and you observed the letters as he laid them out in this order:
H B N A I E P R O

What will be the next three letters he lays out to cool?
Answer (highlight to see):

Break the letters into three triplets and place the triplets one under the other as follows:
H B N
A I E
P R O

The first column is HAPPY, the second is BIRTHDAY, I assume that the third (NEO) are the first three letters of someone's name, but I can't figure out what it is. Is there a typo in the puzzle?

The next two letters are PT.

happy birthday neopets to be exact so presumably Isolex didn't in fact know the answer to last weeks lenny conundrum.

I love how you jump to conclusions. I knew the answer was ptp before I posted it here. Just like I know this weeks' answer is 47. So back off. I just post them here because I like to see other people solve them. :grumpy:

Isolex said:
I love how you jump to conclusions. I knew the answer was ptp before I posted it here. Just like I know this weeks' answer is 47. So back off. I just post them here because I like to see other people solve them. :grumpy:

"Back off" is a bit aggressive. Welcome to the PF.

Last edited:
You are confronted with the following formula:

A * [(B + C)(D - E) - F(G*H) ] / J = 10

Knowing that each variable is a unique, single-digit, nonzero number, and that C - B = 1, and H - G = 3, what is the number ABCDEFGHJ, where each letter is a digit? For example, if A = 4, B = 2, and C = 7, ABC would equal 427.

Isolex said:
You are confronted with the following formula:

A * [(B + C)(D - E) - F(G*H) ] / J = 10

Knowing that each variable is a unique, single-digit, nonzero number, and that C - B = 1, and H - G = 3, what is the number ABCDEFGHJ, where each letter is a digit? For example, if A = 4, B = 2, and C = 7, ABC would equal 427.

Seriously if you're going to insist on posting conundrums from another website at least wait until the competition on the other website is over because its unfair on other users of that website if they can find the answer somewhere else on the net.

Kurdt said:
Seriously if you're going to insist on posting conundrums from another website at least wait until the competition on the other website is over because its unfair on other users of that website if they can find the answer somewhere else on the net.

Looks like not only did he post it directly from another competition, but he failed to ask the correct question. The question asked here has 3 different answers. The *correct* question has only one answer. I wonder if he can answer his own question?

Want to give it a shot Isolex?

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and J are digits in the range 1-9.
C - B = 1
H - G = 3
A * ((B + C)*(D - E) - F*(G*H)) / J = 10
What are the 3 possible values of ABCDEFGHJ?

For those interested, a CORRECT re-statement of the problem is:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and J are digits in the range 1-9.
C - B = 1
H - G = 3
A * ((B + C)^(D - E) - F^(G*H)) / J = 10
What is the value of ABCDEFGHJ?

DaveE

What are the new cookies that have started appearing in The Bakery?

The new cookies that have started appearing in The Bakery are called "Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies".

What makes these new cookies different from the other cookies in The Bakery?

These new cookies have three different types of chocolate chips - dark, milk, and white - making them extra decadent and rich in flavor.

Are these new cookies available for purchase?

Yes, these new cookies are available for purchase at The Bakery. They can be found in the display case next to the other cookies.

Do these new cookies contain any allergens?

Yes, these new cookies contain dairy and may also contain traces of nuts. The ingredients are listed on the packaging for customers to review before purchasing.

Are these new cookies a limited edition item or will they be available permanently?

At this time, these new cookies are a limited edition item and will only be available for a limited time. However, if they are popular among customers, they may become a permanent item on the menu.