Register to reply

Anyone had problems with the Razor phone?

by zoobyshoe
Tags: phone, razor
Share this thread:
zoobyshoe
Nov19-06, 06:16 PM
P: 5,625
A friend of mine has had two Razors go out on her in the space of a year. The audio becomes crackly, both outgoing and incoming.

The tech help told her that this only happens to a small percentage of this model, but it seems that alot of people have problems with Razors.

They said they'd give her a new razor, but she wants something else that's reliable. That would involve "upgrading" if she's eligible for that, or outright buying a new phone.

Anyway, have any of you had troubles with it? Were you able to get any satisfaction?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Evo
Nov19-06, 06:24 PM
Mentor
P: 26,474
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
A friend of mine has had two Razors go out on her in the space of a year. The audio becomes crackly, both outgoing and incoming.

The tech help told her that this only happens to a small percentage of this model, but it seems that alot of people have problems with Razors.

They said they'd give her a new razor, but she wants something else that's reliable. That would involve "upgrading" if she's eligible for that, or outright buying a new phone.

Anyway, have any of you had troubles with it? Were you able to get any satisfaction?
My cell phone is the basic "free" phone they offered. I'm into functional, not frlilly.
Cyrus
Nov19-06, 07:15 PM
P: 4,780
Nope.

texxxxxxxxxxxt

zoobyshoe
Nov19-06, 10:36 PM
Anyone had problems with the Razor phone?

Quote Quote by cyrusabdollahi
Nope.

texxxxxxxxxxxt
Just to be clear, you're saying you have a Razor but have had no problems with it?
Danger
Nov19-06, 10:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Yeah, it was a *****. The first time that I tried to shave with it, I got an antenna stuck up my nose.
Cyrus
Nov20-06, 08:06 PM
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
Just to be clear, you're saying you have a Razor but have had no problems with it?
Yeap.

texxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt
zoobyshoe
Nov20-06, 08:26 PM
Quote Quote by Danger View Post
Yeah, it was a *****. The first time that I tried to shave with it, I got an antenna stuck up my nose.
I thought this might be her problem but she insists she doesn't know how all the little hairs got stuck to it.
Moonbear
Nov20-06, 09:04 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
I just recently "upgraded" phones, but didn't get the razor because I've heard murmurings of people not being happy with them. I haven't heard any specifics, just that they were over-hyped mostly.

I'm not sure the so-called upgrade I got is any better, though. I'm thinking I might have been better off just buying the battery my old phone needed. I thought getting a new phone for free would be better than paying $50 for a new battery. I keep needing to pull out the battery to reset this stupid thing when it stops responding. I don't need a phone with all the features this thing has, but they didn't have any tri-mode phones that didn't have all these extra features (that's the only thing I DO need is a tri-mode phone because it's not far to the middle of nowhere with only analog signal from here).
zoobyshoe
Nov21-06, 12:03 AM
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
I just recently "upgraded" phones, but didn't get the razor because I've heard murmurings of people not being happy with them. I haven't heard any specifics, just that they were over-hyped mostly.
One guy here said he read they have heat dissipation problems which leads to premature breakdown. I thought if I could verify this she could use it as leverage to get a more robust phone to replace it without any undue hassle.
Danger
Nov21-06, 12:35 AM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
I thought this might be her problem but she insists she doesn't know how all the little hairs got stuck to it.
How short? And were they curly? How big was that antenna?
Cyrus
Nov21-06, 01:18 AM
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
One guy here said he read they have heat dissipation problems which leads to premature breakdown. I thought if I could verify this she could use it as leverage to get a more robust phone to replace it without any undue hassle.

Mmmmmmmmmm, no. Mine works just fine. Everyone has one of these, and I have not heard them complaining.

The only thing that sucks is the voice recognition, but thats a software thing.
Kazza_765
Nov24-06, 12:31 AM
P: 164
I know three people that had them and then had to get new ones (they were popular here when they first came out), except most of their problems were due to the phones being too fragile. One friend had it in her purse one day, came home, took it out and it was in two pieces. Another had it in his pocket and it fell out when he sat down and stopped working, the other friend's one just died one day for no reason.

Register to reply