Register to reply

Absorption Coefficient of Aluminium

by Lizze
Tags: absorption, aluminium, coefficient
Share this thread:
Lizze
Dec12-06, 04:39 PM
P: 2
Hi. Im new here! I'm doing a experiment on the absorption of beta radiation of aluminium and I need help!! Does anyone know what the absorption coefficient of aluminium? Or at least where I can find it. Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong part of the forum
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
Gokul43201
Dec13-06, 12:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
I can't tell you where to find this info, but I can tell you that the absorption coefficient is a function of the energy of the electrons. So, you'd have to specify the mean energy (or energy range) to have a meaningful number.

Google found some data:
http://prola.aps.org/pdf/PR/v103/i6/p1900_2
http://www.physics.northwestern.edu/new335/PDF/lab4.pdf
arivero
Dec13-06, 01:08 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,921
The "particle data group" used to have a small pdf about properties of the materials, with this kind of information.

Lizze
Dec13-06, 01:24 PM
P: 2
Absorption Coefficient of Aluminium

Quote Quote by arivero View Post
The "particle data group" used to have a small pdf about properties of the materials, with this kind of information.
is it still there?

Register to reply