Share this thread:
Moonbear
Feb1-07, 07:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Robert Mak View Post
Should i still talk to her?, cause shes in my class... or should i never talk to her?
If you want to keep talking to her, why not? You never know, her attitude might change once she gets to know you better...just don't count on it and get your heart broken over it.
radou
Feb2-07, 01:38 AM
HW Helper
P: 3,220
... or should i never talk to her?
That wouldn't exactly be the wisest choice.
Robert Mak
Feb3-07, 11:02 AM
P: 29
Today i got a feeling of revenge toward her and i dont know why?
Do you experience that?
verty
Feb3-07, 11:12 AM
HW Helper
P: 1,808
What is a feeling of revenge?
cristo
Feb3-07, 11:16 AM
Mentor
P: 8,316
Today i got a feeling of revenge toward her and i dont know why?
Do you experience that?
Why do you want to seek revenge against her; the poor girl's not done anything to you! You wanted to be more than friends, but she told you straight that she doesn't. She's been honest with you, and hasn't led you on or anything.

I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her, and stop obsessing over a girl you hardly know!
radou
Feb3-07, 11:23 AM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by cristo View Post
I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her...
..or don't, since that doesn't always work out. But on the other side, friendship can lead to a relationship. It all depends.
cristo
Feb3-07, 11:38 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by radou View Post
..or don't, since that doesn't always work out.
Very true, perhaps I should rephrase, and say that he should let it go, and just be friendly towards her, and see if a friendship does happen.

But on the other side, friendship can lead to a relationship. It all depends.
I'm not sure whether this happens very often, at least not in my experience. Either way though, he needs to let go, since if he approaches a friendship whilst really wanting a relationship, I very much doubt it will work!
radou
Feb3-07, 11:55 AM
HW Helper
I'm not sure whether this happens very often, at least not in my experience. Either way though, he needs to let go, since if he approaches a friendship whilst really wanting a relationship, I very much doubt it will work!
I completely agree.
Moonbear
Feb3-07, 12:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Why do you want to seek revenge against her; the poor girl's not done anything to you! You wanted to be more than friends, but she told you straight that she doesn't. She's been honest with you, and hasn't led you on or anything.

I think you need to let this one go, and just be friends with her, and stop obsessing over a girl you hardly know!
Geez, if he's obsessing about her to the point of feeling like he wants revenge for being rejected, maybe he shouldn't try being friends with her...just stay away! That's not at all normal. Angry, or hurt, sure, normal reactions, but desiring revenge? That sounds...well, pathological. Robert, if you're feeling that extreme of a reaction to being turned down by someone you didn't even know yet, you probably should talk to someone about that. That's not a healthy response at all. Save the feelings of revenge for the long-term girlfriend who cheats on you and dumps you for the other guy (still don't act on them).
cristo
Feb3-07, 01:26 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Geez, if he's obsessing about her to the point of feeling like he wants revenge for being rejected, maybe he shouldn't try being friends with her...just stay away! That's not at all normal. Angry, or hurt, sure, normal reactions, but desiring revenge? That sounds...well, pathological. Robert, if you're feeling that extreme of a reaction to being turned down by someone you didn't even know yet, you probably should talk to someone about that. That's not a healthy response at all. Save the feelings of revenge for the long-term girlfriend who cheats on you and dumps you for the other guy (still don't act on them).
I agree, it is abnormal to be feeling like he wants revenge for girl rejecting him, and your advice is good; to stay away while he's feeling like this. I suspect (/hope) that this is just an overexaggeration, and he doesn't feel like seeking revenge, but just feels angry.

Robert, I think you should just steer clear for a while, and maybe try chatting to her when you've got over this upset and anger. After all, the fact that she was honest with you shows that she's a decent girl! However, if you actually are feeling like seeking revenge, then I second Moonbear; this is not normal, and you should talk to someone about this. IF you're feeling like that over a girl you hardly know, I dread to think what will happen in the future when you break up with a girl who you've been with for a long time. You need to sort out these feelings now, and not wait for that time to come!
Robert Mak
Feb3-07, 03:25 PM
I dont know what to do. Should i go and talk to her again (Cause if not i think that she will thougth that im angry). But if i talk to her i will be crazy again.
lol this is too hard cause shes in my class.
Or what do you think that i should do?

Post scriptum: Im too stupid...
radou
Feb3-07, 03:28 PM
HW Helper
I dont know what to do. Should i go and talk to her again (Cause if not i think that she will thougth that im angry). But if i talk to her i will be crazy again.
lol this is too hard cause shes in my class.
Or what do you think that i should do?
After all those people giving you great pieces of advice, you still don't know what to do?

Post scriptum: Im too stupid...
You're not stupid, you're in love.
verty
Feb3-07, 03:50 PM
HW Helper
P: 1,808
Don't. It sounds like you are obsessing over someone you don't know, which is a sure sign that it has nothing to do with her specifically. You should think long and hard about why you feel as you do. Could it be something to do with being impulsive, having to get what you want? Could it be something to do with a negative reaction to her saying that she only wants to find friends, like perhaps you feel she shamed you or you must prove yourself or something?

In other words, determine what this is about because it is definitely not about her. It's certainly not love because one can't love a nondescript person, a girl in the abstract sense. What is this about?
Robert Mak
Feb3-07, 04:04 PM
Certanly i know her not too much but enougth to be in love with her, we have talked like many times; and in my life i had never seen a girl like that.
(lol a girl who likes physics, mathematics, and shes not like the ugly smart girls)
Perphaps thats why im obssesed...
i cant think in other thing neither study, and what can i do to be normal.
radou
Feb3-07, 04:41 PM
HW Helper
Certanly i know her not too much but enougth to be in love with her, we have talked like many times; and in my life i had never seen a girl like that.
(lol a girl who likes physics, mathematics, and shes not like the ugly smart girls)
So what? If you've never seen such a girl in your life, well, that most definitely doesn't mean that you'll never see such one again, right? Think positive.
Moonbear
Feb3-07, 04:46 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by radou View Post
So what? If you've never seen such a girl in your life, well, that most definitely doesn't mean that you'll never see such one again, right? Think positive.
Precisely. And, it's not enough to be in love with her, it's only enough to be infatuated, and a one-way infatuation at that. From what you've been adding to this, I think it's best to just not talk to her if you can avoid it. And, if you can't avoid it (i.e., in class), just stick to the subject of the class and nothing more personal.
cristo
Feb3-07, 04:48 PM
Mentor
Basically, Robert, you just need to get over the girl. As radou said; think positive; you'll be sure to find girls like her. In a few weeks time you'll be like "who was she?" and you'll be wondering why you stressed so much about her.

Register to reply