Register to reply

Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2

by eljose79
Tags: cuasiexact, equation, integral, pix or x2
Share this thread:
eljose79
Feb29-04, 07:06 AM
P: 215
I thinks i have solved a cuasi exact integral equation for Pi(x)/x**2 expresing this function in terms of eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel K(s,t)=nexp(-n**2(s-t)**2+s**2(t+s)/2**(5st)-1 form the usual integral equationfor Pi(x)

Log(R(5s))/5s=Int(0,infinite)Pi(t)/t(t**s-1) now my doubt if it this can be helpful or if it is done yet so i am waiting for your responses matt grime and others...i do not know if my work is helpful or if is good i have done my best this time i will put the .pdf soon.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
matt grime
Feb29-04, 12:40 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 9,396
Until I see the proof I can't comment on the proof. I would like to know what 'causi exact' means, and what you conisder the 'usual' integral equation pi(x) satisfies. I know what li(x) is in integral terms but not pi(x). And in what sense are you using the word 'solved'? Last time it was to say that if you could calculate every prime then you could work out pi(x) from a series expanision, which is almost the antithesis of solved, to me. Given your commments on other mathematicians and journal editors I hope you'll excuse the less than flattering tone of this post.

One further point. You are using kernels. This usually requires some restriction to be placed on the kinds of functions in the function space. Note pi(x) isn't in L^2(R), so on what space of functions is this kernel valid.
eljose79
Mar1-04, 08:09 AM
Here is the formula for Pi(x) as an expansion by eigenfunctions of a symmetric kernel...hope it can be interesting...
Attached Files
File Type: doc pi(x) formula.doc (26.5 KB, 4 views)

matt grime
Mar1-04, 08:57 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Cuasi-exact Integral equation for Pi(x)/x 2

try putting it in some other format than word which, whilst normally is just evil, is unspeajekably bad for maths.

i looked but it makes little sense owing to the typesetting in word.

i noticed several undefined objects and some result involving kernels on the function space of the real line that i do not recall, so please define them and prove they are vaild resp.
eljose79
Mar2-04, 07:18 AM
here is the zip in html format.....hope you can understand now the theory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pi(x) formula_archivos.zip (28.9 KB, 2 views)
matt grime
Mar2-04, 07:25 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
that's xml/html and still doesn't work for me. convert to a ps pdf or preferably dvi file which are the standards for mathematical articles

Register to reply