What ever happened to cloned Mammoths?

by Panda
Tags: cloned, happened, mammoths
Panda
Mar6-07, 02:26 AM
P: 220
This came up in a random conversation with Mrs Panda last night. Apart from saying something about how strange my Dinner conversations are, I was thinking what ever happened to the Elemoth/Mammophant they were going to clone from Frozen Mammoth Sperm?

From www.asianresearch.org

Japanese scientists look to clone extinct mammoth
AFAR
7/17/2003

In an attempt to revive the wooly mammoth, a prehistoric animal that has been extinct for thousands of years, scientists in Japan are taking preliminary steps to clone it.
These scientists at Gifu Science and Technology Centre and Kinki University have prepared their first DNA samples from bone, muscle, and skin cell specimens taken from a frozen wooly mammoth that had been preserved in the Siberian tundra. They will determine if the cells are still intact, and whether they yield DNA of cloning quality.
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Humpback protections downgrade clears way for pipeline
Researchers discover the most effective animal signal strategies
Maine baby lobster decline could end high catches
Ouabache
Mar9-07, 04:57 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,327
We have a couple of closely related threads, one by Andre and another by Ouabache.
Moonbear
Mar9-07, 08:48 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Since the question has been answered within those earlier threads, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one. Feel free to continue the discussion in the threads to which Ouabache has provided links.

Register to reply