Register to reply

Optics - what image will I see if I stand in positions A,B,C (pics included)

by pizzadude
Tags: image, included, optics, pics, positions, stand
Share this thread:
pizzadude
Mar13-07, 01:57 AM
P: 8
Hi. I included a pic with the diagrams of a mirror problem. Blue line is the object, black is image. Now, to the problem. I know that if I stand at position A, I will see the object and the image because they're both in front of me. Also because there's a picture in the book (candle pic, included as well) with a point of view from position A that allows me to see both the object and the image. My question is, what will I see if I stand at position B, then at position C?

My guess is that I will see only the image if I stand at position B because the object is behind me. If I stand at position C, I guess I would see neither the object or the image because they're both behind me.
Attached Thumbnails
lens pic.JPG   candle pic.JPG  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display

Register to reply