The Hutchison Effect

by username
Tags: effect, hutchison
username
Apr28-03, 08:20 AM
P: 234
John Hutchison claims to have discovered the so called 'Hutchison effect'. And it seems he has alot of evidence to back this up, hours of video footage etc. Anybody have any thoughts on this ?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
BoulderHead
Apr28-03, 10:42 AM
P: n/a
This is where my feet are planted firmly on the ground...
hybrid
Apr28-03, 02:58 PM
perhaps you could explain this effect?

FZ+
Apr29-03, 12:44 PM
P: 1,954

The Hutchison Effect

Here's an important question. Has any independent scientist in fact managed to duplicate this effect? Video tapes are one thing, but if this effect only appears to happen using his apparatus under his direction, suspicions are immediately raised.
username
Apr29-03, 07:51 PM
Here is a link with some video footage:

http://www.theverylastpageoftheinter.../hutchison.htm
Alex
May17-03, 02:13 PM
P: 46
hmm. got any high-quality videos of it? I found this http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html

But seriously tell me that doesnt look like a peice of metal on a string...
Ivan Seeking
May17-03, 06:34 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,492
Tesla coils, Van de Graff generators, a ship's control and steering wheel, results that cannot be duplicated... I bet he accepts donations.

Don't believe it!

If he really has anything, then nothing is stopping him from proving it...except him.
username
May20-03, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Alex
hmm. got any high-quality videos of it? I found this http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html

But seriously tell me that doesnt look like a peice of metal on a string...
Yes it really does look like a toy on a string (and im sure it is). This is strange because of the many hours of earlier footage where reasonably convincing see:
http://www.theverylastpageoftheinter.../hutchison.htm

EDIT: I find the entire scam if it is one pretty convincing with the exception of the obviously faked latest video footage maybe this is just a clever ploy invented for the conspiracy theorists?
FZ+
May20-03, 06:12 PM
P: 1,954
Originally posted by FZ+
Here's an important question. Has any independent scientist in fact managed to duplicate this effect? Video tapes are one thing, but if this effect only appears to happen using his apparatus under his direction, suspicions are immediately raised.
Is someone going to answer this?
BoulderHead
May20-03, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by FZ+
Is someone going to answer this?
Not until you first buy the one hr video for $12.00 [:D]
Ivan Seeking
May20-03, 07:34 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,492
Originally posted by FZ+
He won't, um, er, um [can't] reproduce it in front of reliable witnesses. Trust me, my psychic told me this guy is a sham!
username
May21-03, 12:41 PM
Well for some unreasonable reason I still belive it but it does not matter because even he cant reproduce it.
sheldon
Jun8-03, 09:44 AM
P: 156
I e-mailed him and he responded. He didn't respond with much, I thought he would be interesting to talk to. I am pretty sure he just wants me to buy a video from him. His concepts are interesting though. I just don't want to buy a video.

Register to reply