Register to reply

Calculation Molar of HCL 37%

by violeta
Tags: calculation, molar
Share this thread:
violeta
Apr2-07, 02:26 AM
P: 7
I have 1 bottle of HCL 37% Concentration with 2.5L Volume. Given the MW is 36.46g/mol. How to calculate the molarity of the HCL in the bottle? as i only need to prepare 1M of HCL?

no density and molarity given in d label
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
symbolipoint
Apr2-07, 10:51 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,822
Was that 1 MOLAR or 1 MOLAL concentration that you wanted to prepare? In case you wanted MOLAR, then you need the density or specific gravity of the HCl 37% solution. Are you permitted to look for this value in a table of values, like in a handbook?

What kind of label do you have? A professional, commercial label from a company? No matter.... you can simply look for 37% HCl in a handbook to find the specific gravity of this concentration. I'm assuming that this is a laboratory task and not a question-for-credit task.
symbolipoint
Apr2-07, 10:54 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,822
One more thing: since you had to ask your particular question, and it may be a practical question, DO NOT PIPET BY MOUTH. USE A PIPET BULB. In case you already know this, then please excuse this instruction, since you would use a bulb anyway.

NotMrX
Apr2-07, 06:39 PM
P: 97
Calculation Molar of HCL 37%

Quote Quote by symbolipoint View Post
One more thing: since you had to ask your particular question, and it may be a practical question, DO NOT PIPET BY MOUTH. USE A PIPET BULB. In case you already know this, then please excuse this instruction, since you would use a bulb anyway.
And use a fume hood. That is above the azeotropic concentration and has a lot HCl pressure

Register to reply