Calculation Molar of HCL 37%

by violeta
Tags: calculation, molar
violeta
Apr2-07, 02:26 AM
P: 7
I have 1 bottle of HCL 37% Concentration with 2.5L Volume. Given the MW is 36.46g/mol. How to calculate the molarity of the HCL in the bottle? as i only need to prepare 1M of HCL?

no density and molarity given in d label
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
symbolipoint
Apr2-07, 10:51 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,693
Was that 1 MOLAR or 1 MOLAL concentration that you wanted to prepare? In case you wanted MOLAR, then you need the density or specific gravity of the HCl 37% solution. Are you permitted to look for this value in a table of values, like in a handbook?

What kind of label do you have? A professional, commercial label from a company? No matter.... you can simply look for 37% HCl in a handbook to find the specific gravity of this concentration. I'm assuming that this is a laboratory task and not a question-for-credit task.
symbolipoint
Apr2-07, 10:54 AM
HW Helper
P: 2,693
One more thing: since you had to ask your particular question, and it may be a practical question, DO NOT PIPET BY MOUTH. USE A PIPET BULB. In case you already know this, then please excuse this instruction, since you would use a bulb anyway.

NotMrX
Apr2-07, 06:39 PM
P: 98

Calculation Molar of HCL 37%

Quote Quote by symbolipoint View Post
One more thing: since you had to ask your particular question, and it may be a practical question, DO NOT PIPET BY MOUTH. USE A PIPET BULB. In case you already know this, then please excuse this instruction, since you would use a bulb anyway.
And use a fume hood. That is above the azeotropic concentration and has a lot HCl pressure

Register to reply