Register to reply

Unknown STructure ...

by karthik3k
Tags: structure, unknown
Share this thread:
karthik3k
Mar20-04, 02:18 AM
P: 151
I want a list of Proteins of Unknown structure....
Where shall i find it ???
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
New study charts the global invasion of crop pests
Zambia lifts ban on safari hunting
A touching story: The ancient conversation between plants, fungi and bacteria
Monique
Mar20-04, 04:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Don't most proteins have an unknown 3D (tertiary or quarternairy) structure? Or are you talking about the aminoacid (primary) structure?
Mike H
Mar20-04, 11:04 AM
P: 485
The online repository for protein sequences is the ExPASy Molecular Biology Server. The online repository for 3-D protein structures (determined by x-ray crystallography, NMR, etc.) is the Protein Data Bank .

Insofar as I know, there is no convenient listing of proteins without an experimentally determined 3-D structure. Your best bet is to find a protein in the ExPASy files and then check the PDB to see if there is a structure available. Trust me, a little bit of hard work never killed anyone. :)

You may also want to take a look at the Metalloprotein Database at Scripps if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Register to reply