Register to reply

How dose an angle of an object effect it's distance/

by katie<3
Tags: angle, distance or, dose, effect, object
Share this thread:
katie<3
Jun3-07, 06:47 PM
P: 4
Okay, so in science I have a lab I need to complete about how the angle of an oject will efect it's fligh. After a lot time shearching everywhere on the internet I have not found one single thing. The only thing close to what I was looking for was on this site. So I was wondering if any one here could help me , or beter yet give me the adress to a site which will have information on how the angle of an object will effect the distnce it travels.

Thanks,(sorry about the spelling :) )

-katie
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
ice109
Jun3-07, 06:48 PM
P: 1,705
just out of curiousity what grade are you in?

the angle with which an object is launched will determine how much of the initial velocity is in the x direction and how much is in the y direction
Stevedye56
Jun3-07, 06:49 PM
P: 398
I am almost positive that it is 45 degrees.

ice109
Jun3-07, 06:50 PM
How dose an angle of an object effect it's distance/

Quote Quote by Stevedye56 View Post
I am almost positive that it is 45 degrees.
what is
katie<3
Jun3-07, 06:54 PM
I'm in grade nine, but I'm in this weird program called IB.
But, we were given differnt labs out, and mine was "how does the angle of an elastic band effect it's disatnce". I've done the experiment, but I need to find background info. I have all I need for enegry but I can't find anythign on how angles would effect it. I know a bit myself, but not neraly enough to do the lab D:
Stevedye56
Jun3-07, 06:55 PM
Maybe I read this wrong. I was responding by saying that 45 degrees will give optimum distance.

In the text book I used there was a page which clearly explained how the angle effected flight. I wish I still had it because I would scan it. Let me see if I can find something similar.
katie<3
Jun3-07, 06:57 PM
Yes, your right,but I don't know why. What I need to know is why that angle would be the best.

Sorry, D:
katie<3
Jun3-07, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your help<3
ice109
Jun3-07, 07:00 PM
Quote Quote by katie<3 View Post
Thanks for your help<3
because of exactly what i said. read what i said and think about it.
Stevedye56
Jun3-07, 07:06 PM
Here you go. This site is simplistic, but I think it should answer your question.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/mmedia/vectors/mr.html
sam1
Jun4-07, 12:04 AM
P: 16
Start with your horizontal and vertical equations for projectile motion, see if you can derive some relation involving distance or velocity as a function of launch angle.

e.g. can you derive [tex]d_H = v^2/g*\sin2\theta [/tex] ?
U_R_STUPID
Sep18-08, 08:48 PM
P: 1
ok Katie, the reason y u cant find anything is bc u mispell everything u type in lol jk. I had the same project to do and i need resources. i got 2 and just need 1 more!

one more tip use the spelling check :)
Janarth_M
Sep18-08, 08:53 PM
P: 2
The range (the distance the object will travel in the X plane) is optimum at 45 degrees. However, there are two angles for each distance less than that. Let me elaborate:

If you launch the elastic at 55 degrees, and at 35 degrees, they will end up at the same spot. The only difference is that 35 degrees will travel less high, but nonetheless they should end up in the same spot on the ground.

Same with 64, and 26 degrees. The two angles used must add up to 90 degrees.

Register to reply