Register to reply

In Response to the War Crimes caught on video Thread...

by Mattius_
Tags: crimes, video
Share this thread:
russ_watters
Apr6-04, 09:10 PM
Mentor
P: 22,297
Philly has imposed a curfew on certain key dates - Mardi Gras for example.
skywise
Apr6-04, 11:33 PM
P: 42
Quote Quote by Loren Booda
Try the alternative to free assembly - outlawing groups of people.
That's exactly what they did for a week in Miami. It was illegal for a group of seven or more people to walk down the street or be in one place for more than 30 minutes. After the protests happened they repealed the ordinance.
Monique
Apr6-04, 11:56 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by russ_watters
Communications, Monique: people hear about a riot somewhere else and they riot too.
That is not really what I meant, I was more thinking about the year in which it happened. But since I'm offtopic, I'll just let it rest..
Michael D. Sewell
Apr7-04, 12:34 AM
P: n/a
Quote Quote by Adam
1) Many people clinging desperately to their illusions...

It's rather pathetic...

Adam,
I'm not clinging desperately to anything. As a matter of fact...yawn...sigh...
I only looked at your thread out of curiousity, during a moment of boredom. I have a business to run, and a job to do. I really don't think much about this sort of stuff on a day to day basis. I find it rather boring, and I find people like you rather boring. You probably don't work, so you have all day to sit around and get excited about this sort of stuff. I am however, happy to see that you are angry and frustrated. Maybe it will keep you from getting bored.....
It's rather pathetic...
Best wishes and God Bless America,
Mike

P.S. I started to read your little thing there, but I just didn't find it that interesting. So sorry, cheers.
Michael D. Sewell
Apr7-04, 12:37 AM
Quote Quote by Njorl
the active attempts at suppression are the only thing that keeps a disturbance going.
I'll bear this in mind if I am ever tempted to respond to one of Adam's lame threads again.
Michael D. Sewell
Apr7-04, 12:40 AM
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking
And we knew about it didn't we. I remember the pictures.
Sort of blows your own theory out of the water doesn't it. Do you see why I have gotten bored with this yet? You guys are really just too easy.
Adam
Apr7-04, 12:48 AM
P: 454
I really don't think much about this sort of stuff on a day to day basis.
Your posting history here at PF would suggest otherwise.

I find it rather boring, and I find people like you rather boring.
Ad hominems? Really? Ok...

You probably don't work, so you have all day to sit around and get excited about this sort of stuff.
Ex-navy, currently attending university and working with horses. Why do you bring up employment? Have you got something against the unemployed?

I am however, happy to see that you are angry and frustrated.
Actually I don't get angry or frustrated. I find such reactions in others interesting, but I can't empathise.

It's rather pathetic...
Kinda like posting in a thread only to dish out some ad hominems? Right.

Sorry Mick, but please focus on the topic of the thread, and refrain from these little personal attacks. I don't think it is necessary. Do you have anything relevent to add?
Adam
Apr7-04, 12:49 AM
Regarding the gas and the Kurds, please read the material supplied. I notice from the responses to date that nobody actually has read the material supplied.
Ivan Seeking
Apr7-04, 02:39 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by Michael D. Sewell
Sort of blows your own theory out of the water doesn't it. Do you see why I have gotten bored with this yet? You guys are really just too easy.
You are too quick to assume what I mean. I never said we have reached this point. I said that my hope is that this is where things are going. I have seen quite a change in this respect just over my own lifetime. They called Vietnam the livingroom war and look at the effect. This helped to sour the general population and turn the tide of public perception. I watched much of the Gulf II war on TV. I had my choice of about a dozen cable channels, pretty much 24 hours a day, where this somtimes included middle eastern news agencies like Al Jazeera, in addition to many foreign internet news sources. I am quite sure that this was a first. Of course unlike Vietnam we didn't have many Americans dying. Do you remember the outrage over the Marines drug through the streets in Somalia?

Note also that China is struggling to keep a lid on the internet right now.
Njorl
Apr7-04, 07:52 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 875
Quote Quote by Adam
Regarding the gas and the Kurds, please read the material supplied. I notice from the responses to date that nobody actually has read the material supplied.
It may be that Halabja was an Iranian attack. The use of a cyanide based gas suggests that it was more likely the Iranians, but the Iraqis did use a wide variety of chemical weapons. Concluding that the attack was definately of Iranian origin is erroneous. Regardless, there are many well documented cases of Iraqis gassing Kurds after the Iran-Iraq war ended, including a videotape of "Chemical Ali" proclaiming that he would kill all of them with chemical weapons. Part of that evidence is, unfortunately, the sale of neutrallizing chemicals by the US to Iraq for the purpose of covering up the attacks.

Njorl
Adam
Apr7-04, 08:05 AM
You know, when you get right down to it, there's not a nation on Earth that hasn't done or supported such activities at some point.
Mr. Robin Parsons
Apr7-04, 07:19 PM
P: 1,560
Uhmmm! scuza! Canada? When has Canada gassed anyone?
Adam
Apr7-04, 09:15 PM
Note the huge lack of native territories in Canada. The advancement of Europeans through Canada was much the same as through what we now call the USA.
Loren Booda
Apr7-04, 11:13 PM
P: 3,408
Not true. The lands allocated to Native Canadians surpasses greatly those allowed Natives in my United States. However, up to 50,000,000 Native Americans have been systematically eliminated since 1492.
Adam
Apr7-04, 11:24 PM
Okay, Canada never killed any locals when the Euros moved in. Happy now?
Mr. Robin Parsons
Apr8-04, 05:35 AM
Wasn't 'Canada' back then, it was the British, and French, explorers...do you Know where Nunavit is? Do you know about Ivvavic? (sp?)

Canadian history is decidedly short on 'major' offensives without having been done in conjunction with other nations, ie WW1, WW2 etc.
Adam
Apr8-04, 12:24 PM
And a huge number of native Americans died under the hands of Brits and others during the creation of the USA, too. Do we ignore all of those deaths, even though it was precisely that effort which created the USA?
Mr. Robin Parsons
Apr8-04, 07:11 PM
Uhmm, not all of them were slaughtered, some died of associative causes, simply diseases, brought over, and the 'Brits' (and the rest) died of the export of the natives, Tabacco! so the universe is balanced, in ends.....Oh yes, Canada was about 100 years later.....then the US's Formation.......

Register to reply