Posting Guidelines for T.Engineer - Graduate/Post-Graduate Level

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the properties of Hermite polynomials, specifically their use in a multiple access interference system. The objective is to reduce interference between users by assigning unique time hopping codes and using pulse position modulation. The conversation also addresses the question of finding the probability density function, mean, and variance using Hermite polynomials. Additionally, the conversation discusses the specifics of the system, such as the number of users, their actions, and the distribution of certain variables.
Do you have it, or can you get it?

Physics news on Phys.org
EnumaElish said:
Do you have it, or can you get it?

No, I don't have it.

Is there a library near you?

yes, why?
I don't think that they have it.

Last edited:
Have you worked on deriving (19)?

As I said to you:
let assume that our function g(t) instead of H(t)
So that,

g(t)= (-1)^n * e^(t^2) * d^n/dt^n * e^(-t^2)* cos (2 pi fc t)

we can say that g(t) can satisfied equations 15 and 17 because of its orthogonality properties.
Is that true?

Is cos (2 pi fc t) positive over the relevant range?

You may want to post it in the homework section as a separate question.

OK, I will.
Thank you very much!

If the value of fc will be chosen in such a way that still keep the orthogonality property of Hermite polynomial, then orthogonality is preserved. (15) will apply, although with a different normalization constant and different psi functions.

New psi = old psi * cos (2 pi fc t).

(15) will apply, although with a different normalization constant

do you mean with different N_n which is represented by eq(16)

Correct; that's because the integral in (15) will evaluate to a different output.

Another possibility is N_n will remain the same, but the delta will be different. Or both might change.

But the "qualitative" result will not change, as long as fc is chosen to preserve orthogonality. That is, you will get to (17) with the new psi functions.

1. please, can tell me how to find the normalization coeffecient N_n?
2. you said different δ _n,m.
I know thet δ _n,m is Kronecker delta function, how it can be changed?
Thanks a lot!

1. N is determined by the output of the integral in (15). If the integral evaluated to δ*K for arbitrary K, then the norm. constant would have been N = 1/sqrt(K).

2. The δ itself won't change; but you may have something like Integral = z(δ 2nn![itex]\sqrt{\pi}[/itex]) for some function z.

1. you mean for arbitrary n,m.
2. what do you mean by z.
3. can you tell me how to evalute eq(15) to get this result: δ_n,m 2^n n! sqr(pi).
if I you will know how they get this result for Hn, Hm, so I can also evaluted for my equation with Hn * cos (...)
but this is my problem I don't know how they get this general formula.

1. yes

2. arbitrary function that results from including the cos term in the integrand (I haven't tried to integrate (15) with or without the cos term, so I don't know what z actually "looks like," even if we assume that a closed-form solution exists with the cos term)

3. I don't know; I think [9] might have the answer. Someone has suggested to look it up from an integration table (under another thread in the homework section).

Last edited:
<h2>1. What are the basic requirements for posting on T.Engineer as a graduate or post-graduate level engineer?</h2><p>The basic requirements for posting on T.Engineer as a graduate or post-graduate level engineer include having a degree in engineering or a related field, relevant work experience, and strong technical skills in your area of expertise.</p><h2>2. Are there any specific guidelines for formatting and structuring my post on T.Engineer?</h2><p>Yes, there are specific guidelines for formatting and structuring your post on T.Engineer. These include using clear and concise language, providing relevant details and examples, and organizing your post in a logical and easy-to-follow manner.</p><h2>3. Can I include links or attachments in my post on T.Engineer?</h2><p>Yes, you can include links or attachments in your post on T.Engineer, as long as they are relevant and add value to your post. However, please make sure to follow the platform's guidelines for including external links and attachments.</p><h2>4. Is it necessary to disclose my identity in my post on T.Engineer?</h2><p>No, it is not necessary to disclose your identity in your post on T.Engineer. However, providing your name and credentials can add credibility to your post and help readers understand your level of expertise.</p><h2>5. Can I edit or delete my post on T.Engineer after it has been published?</h2><p>Yes, you can edit or delete your post on T.Engineer after it has been published. However, please note that once a post is published, it becomes part of the platform's archive and may still be accessible to other users.</p>

1. What are the basic requirements for posting on T.Engineer as a graduate or post-graduate level engineer?

The basic requirements for posting on T.Engineer as a graduate or post-graduate level engineer include having a degree in engineering or a related field, relevant work experience, and strong technical skills in your area of expertise.

2. Are there any specific guidelines for formatting and structuring my post on T.Engineer?

Yes, there are specific guidelines for formatting and structuring your post on T.Engineer. These include using clear and concise language, providing relevant details and examples, and organizing your post in a logical and easy-to-follow manner.

3. Can I include links or attachments in my post on T.Engineer?

Yes, you can include links or attachments in your post on T.Engineer, as long as they are relevant and add value to your post. However, please make sure to follow the platform's guidelines for including external links and attachments.

4. Is it necessary to disclose my identity in my post on T.Engineer?

No, it is not necessary to disclose your identity in your post on T.Engineer. However, providing your name and credentials can add credibility to your post and help readers understand your level of expertise.

5. Can I edit or delete my post on T.Engineer after it has been published?

Yes, you can edit or delete your post on T.Engineer after it has been published. However, please note that once a post is published, it becomes part of the platform's archive and may still be accessible to other users.