Register to reply

What falling in love feels like to you

by Loren Booda
Tags: falling, feels, love
Share this thread:
FrancisZ
Aug20-10, 03:16 PM
P: 43
I guess it is at least partly my own fault, but I think this thread has seriously digressed somehow. Generally, phone-call-mind-game-revenge is not a positive indicator of authentic feelings of affection toward one another.

Loyalty, on the other hand, is definitely a sign.
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 03:21 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
Experience is a brutal teacher. Francis with his one lover. Nuclear is infatuated with some guy who is probably cheating on her right now. Fun times.
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 03:21 PM
P: 126
Quote Quote by Edin_Dzeko View Post
wow. I'd really be bothered by that though. I don't know why. But I'd feel like she's not really that into me. why doesn't stuff like that get to ya?? 'cause when you switch the tables women always make a big deal about men not remembering stuff like anniversary's and birthdays
dude, you wont believe how forgetful girls can be! Like I'm really forgetful - I just dont remember! I blame it on a lack of sleep during my younger years! Also some girls are like goldfish about the good things you do for them, and like elephants aboout the bad things you've done! So, I guess if you fall in love with a girl like this, you have to be understanding and forgive her if she doesnt remember - the things probably meant a lot to her, she just cant help it!
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 03:23 PM
Quote Quote by cronxeh View Post
Experience is a brutal teacher.
yeah, it sucks when people hurt you huh! Best thing to do is to not do the same to others I think. But the up side is that the brain is amazing! and people CAN change themselves! you might have been hurt, but you can become a better person from it!
FrancisZ
Aug20-10, 03:25 PM
Experience is a brutal teacher. Francis with his one lover. Nuclear is infatuated with some guy who is probably cheating on her right now. Fun times.
True. But you can't let it corrupt you.
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 03:28 PM
PF Gold
Nobody is saying you have to treat women bad. Just dont let them walk all over you. Its only fair to have a straightforward framework for courtship that is actually based on psychology. Women ARE different than men and have different priorities and desires than guys.

And hey.. Quality over quantity? Who are you to judge these people?? All women i meet and talk to are amazing and have very respectable lives. Treat everyone with respect and you shall receive respect.
FrancisZ
Aug20-10, 03:36 PM
Nobody is saying you have to treat women bad. Just dont let them walk all over you. Its only fair to have a straightforward framework for courtship that is actually based on psychology. Women ARE different than men and have different priorities and desires than guys.
Well, anyway, I wish you wouldn't knock the notion of writing (you're doing it even now). It doesn't matter what her friends think (unless she can't think for herself); it only matters what the both of you think.
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 03:38 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by FrancisZ View Post
Well, anyway, I wish you wouldn't knock the notion of writing (you're doing it even now). It doesn't matter what her friends think (unless she can't think for herself); it only matters what the both of you think.
Like i said. She knows. There is no going back now. She hates me and i hate her. Its the cadence of reality
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 03:45 PM
Whoa!!! you know, this comment doesnt sound one bit like something a macho confident man would say! thanks for worrying about me tho :) I appreciate your care and attention.
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 03:47 PM

And hey.. Quality over quantity? Who are you to judge these people?? All women i meet and talk to are amazing and have very respectable lives. Treat everyone with respect and you shall receive respect.
ok, good for you! I'm just saying, in my own humble opinion, I'd rather find one true love than to have a million phone numbers!
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 03:51 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by nucleargirl View Post
Whoa!!! you know, this comment doesnt sound one bit like something a macho confident man would say! thanks for worrying about me tho :) I appreciate your care and attention.
I want to be in love all the time! just the feeling I guess, not the responsibilities!
It feels like happiness, and its more physical than mental... like your heart hurts! and you cry all the time from the pain! lol!
That is infatuation and not intellectual love. Its really hard for me to type this on my phone, look up the difference in this thread
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 03:56 PM
That is infatuation and not intellectual love. Its really hard for me to type this on my phone, look up the difference in this thread
wow! finally something bordering on nice! well, its good to get a professional opinion on these things - who knew! I could have been having angina the whole time!
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 03:58 PM
PF Gold
wow! finally something bordering on nice! well, its good to get a professional opinion on these things - who knew! I could have been having angina the whole time!
Ive been nice this whole time, you were just noticing how awesome i am. Dont worry this too shall pass.
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 04:01 PM
Ive been nice this whole time, you were just noticing how awesome i am. Dont worry this too shall pass.
ah I see! we must have very different definitions of nice and awesome in our minds :)
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 04:03 PM
PF Gold
ah I see! we must have very different definitions of nice and awesome in our minds :)
Oh now you are a flirt, too? I thought you had a boyfriend
FrancisZ
Aug20-10, 04:06 PM
Like i said. She knows. There is no going back now. She hates me and i hate her. Its the cadence of reality
Ahh...I don't like to see things end like that.

I had this huge fight with a coworker (of 5 years) over friggin M&M's once--or so I initially thought! She was hypoglycemic, and always had to keep a little sugar on hand; so I innocently went to give her some candy one day, and she totally bit my head off for it. Later, I realized that it was much more than that. In fact, she was actually deeply offended by a comment that I didn't even realize I made a day earlier (at least not in the context she took it). I told her to let me alone, while I was moping around from the new of so many of my other friends leaving (talk about cadence misinterpretation).

Anyway, I finally had it up-to-here with her (*motions to just above the head*), and I really let her have it over her otherwise seemingly abusive demeanor. I've never yelled at coworker before or since. It was pretty bad. So we didn't speak for a long time, and then she moved away to another state (she also had to go).

Thereafter, from time-to-time, I would recall the chuckles we had; and I'd feel badly that the friendship ended the way it did. You work with someone for 5 years, and they almost become like an extension of your family even. So, one day I finally decided to write her a letter explaining my view. I desperately wanted her to at least acknowledge her own portion of wrongdoing in our argument; but she wasn't satisfied with my own apology and rejected the letter. I must have really hurt her.

But I tried again a year later, on her birthday (which I never forget: January 14th, 1970); only this time, I decided simply to apologize for my own part in our verbal battle. And you know what happened then? She actually wrote back and apologized for herself.

We don't see each really, on account of we now live in different parts of the United States; but we still mended the relationship. And I dare say that I'm proud of that.

Moral of the story: whatever doesn't kill your friendship will only make it stronger---provided you can admit culpability.
nucleargirl
Aug20-10, 04:07 PM
Oh now you are a flirt, too? I thought you had a boyfriend
ok ok, as much as I have loved our exchanges cronxeh, I really do think there are more people with much more interesting things to say than us! and we are so far on a tangent that we cant even see the curve of this thread anymore! so before things get any more personal, lets just leave it there.
cronxeh
Aug20-10, 04:14 PM
PF Gold
ok ok, as much as I have loved our exchanges cronxeh, I really do think there are more people with much more interesting things to say than us! and we are so far on a tangent that we cant even see the curve of this thread anymore! so before things get any more personal, lets just leave it there.
Ok im not going to embarass you over the blatant subconscious leakage of words like us, we, see curves and lets. So ill just say wow, that was too easy

Register to reply