by Ivan Seeking
Tags: batti, chhir, ghost, lights
Ivan Seeking
Aug29-07, 07:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
...“The light, which is as bright as a mercury lamp changes its colour to blue and sometimes red. It is like a moving ball of fire, which sometime stops or moves as fast as an arrow. On November 5, 2005 my team found these lights at seven places. We have shown this phenomenon to several experts including well-known American ornithologist Bill Clark. He was amazed and had no explanation,” Tiwari said. He, however, said that he had not been able to capture this phenomenon on video or a film roll.

“No, they are not ghosts as is believed by people in this area. It can be anything. Strangely enough, though this has been a part of life of Banni grasslands for centuries together, no one has been able to come up with a suitable explanation. [continued]
http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=253114

Assuming that this is all true, I wonder if they also find the classic [genuine?] donut-shaped crop circles. It does remind me of some ideas for semi-stable energetic ellipsoids [ball lightning?] that have been considered in an effort to explain various reported phenomena.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city

Register to reply