Differences between 3phase and 6 phase systems

by yashar_g
Tags: 3phase, differences, phase, systems
Share this thread:
yashar_g
Dec9-07, 09:13 AM
P: 4
Hi friends,
i wanna know the difference between a 3phase system and a 6phase system in a transmission system.
thanks for any help in advance!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
dlgoff
Dec9-07, 10:02 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,699
I did a little searching on High Order Phase transmission and learned a little. There has been research on converting existing double 3-phase transmission lines to a 6-phase one.
A six-phase power line configuration reduces the measured intensity of electric and magnetic fields that are associated with transmitting AC electric power. An open-wire configuration is taught that is compatible with transmission on power line right-of-ways, and that can be made by converting existing three-phase dual circuit power lines.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5175442.html

Hope this helps.
poonam rawat
Feb24-11, 10:05 AM
P: 1
sir i want a ppt on 6 phase power system

Register to reply