View Poll Results: Who will be the eventual nominee from each party?
Dem = Clinton 18 24.66%
Dem = Obama 48 65.75%
Dem = Edwards 6 8.22%
Dem = Other 4 5.48%
Rep = Giuliani 8 10.96%
Rep = Romney 12 16.44%
Rep = Huckabee 19 26.03%
Rep = McCain 20 27.40%
Rep = Thompson 4 5.48%
Rep = Other 6 8.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

US Presidential Primaries, 2008

by Gokul43201
Tags: 2008, presidential, primaries
Share this thread:
Gokul43201
Mar4-08, 07:29 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Ohio primaries
Dem: Clinton
Rep: McCain

Rhode Island primaries

Texas primaries
Dem: Obama

Vermont primaries
Me too...though I'm afraid Clinton might end up taking Texas by a whisker.
lisab
Mar4-08, 07:38 AM
Mentor
P: 2,979

Ohio primaries

Rhode Island primaries

Texas primaries

Vermont primaries
Yep, this is how I'm going, too.
Astronuc
Mar4-08, 08:42 AM
Admin
P: 21,827
Apparently many Texans and Ohioans voted early, maybe as many as 1 in 5 in Ohio.

Day of Reckoning for Clinton, Obama
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=17838435
Ivan Seeking
Mar4-08, 06:01 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
As soon as the polls closed, CNN projected that Obama and McCain win Vermont. The polls close in Ohio in 27 minutes.
Gokul43201
Mar4-08, 09:08 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Clinton's thrashing Obama in Ohio and RI...and she might pull off a reasonable win in the TX Primary too. When do the caucuses in TX close?

The exit polls show that in all states women outnumbered men 3 to 2.
Astronuc
Mar4-08, 09:12 PM
Admin
Maybe women got riled about the difference between the way Obama was treated by the media and the way Clinton has been treated. Or Clinton hit the right notes on the issues. Interesting.

Edit: Texas is very close, but Clinton has big leads in Ohio (35% precinct reporting) and RI.

But look at the popular votes. Either the Republicans are just not turning out or largeer proportions of those states are Democrats, or Independents are voting in the Dem primaries, so the Democrats could conceivably carry red states in the general election!
G01
Mar4-08, 09:36 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,688
Looks like Hilary is going to keep her campaign going if tonight turns out well for here. Pennsylvanians get ready! We're up next!
Astronuc
Mar4-08, 09:43 PM
Admin
If Clinton wins big in OH, she'll like refuese to quite. That'll certainly make Pa and interesting race.
Gokul43201
Mar4-08, 10:00 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Looks like Hillary might take the TX primary with a large difference. Unlikely that Obama will close that gap in the caucuses tonight.
Ivan Seeking
Mar4-08, 10:38 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Right now the count may not be representitive. He has large margins in the population centers which are just now reporting. The current results are mainly from the rural areas.
Ivan Seeking
Mar4-08, 11:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Actually, from what I'm seeing, Obama has a good chance of taking Texas.

One TX county was a dead tie with 100% of the votes counted - about 2300 to 2300.
lisab
Mar4-08, 11:30 PM
Mentor
P: 2,979
Actually, from what I'm seeing, Obama has a good chance of taking Texas.

One TX county was a dead tie with 100% of the votes counted - about 2300 to 2300.
I agree, Obama does have a good chance in Texas.

The first results to come in from there are from the primaries. Clinton tends to do well in primaries; Obama tends to do well in caucuses. If the first results have Clinton up by just a little, Obama could still win when the caucus results come in tomorrow.
Gokul43201
Mar4-08, 11:39 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Looks like the Primary results will be much closer than the exit polls were suggesting (over 10% margin for Clinton). Very early numbers on the caucus results are coming in as expected: Obama with a double digit lead.
Ivan Seeking
Mar4-08, 11:50 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
OH NO!!! CNN just projected Hillary the winner in TX...in the primary.
Jimmy Snyder
Mar5-08, 06:36 AM
P: 2,179
Is it good for McCain that Clinton and Obama will probably spend the rest of the primary season exposing each other's weak points? Or is bad publicity better than no publicity at all? By the end of the primary season, we will hear the Clinton team talk about Obama and the Obama team talk about Clinton, and no one will even remember McLane's name.
chemisttree
Mar5-08, 10:57 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 3,724
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Imagine a lifelong Republican voter crossing over to the Democratic party to vote for Clinton in the primary.

If that voter is doing so because he truly is a newborn Clinton supporter...OK.

But if that voter's only intention is to disrupt the Democratic Party's candidate selection process, well, that smells like fraud to me.

People have fought and died for our right to vote. It should be cast with honor.
I agree with your sentiment that a vote for Hillary would not be honorable... tell ten of your friends how you feel! That aside, are you advocating some form of Thought Police? I can see it now... "No, Mr. Smith, you can't vote in this election because your motivations aren't pure enough."

I don't think anyone has died for THAT sentiment. Fraud! That's rich! A vote by a Republican for Hillary is fraud? Someone should tell that to Hillary...
Ivan Seeking
Mar5-08, 11:36 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by chemisttree View Post
I agree with your sentiment that a vote for Hillary would not be honorable... tell ten of your friends how you feel! That aside, are you advocating some form of Thought Police? I can see it now... "No, Mr. Smith, you can't vote in this election because your motivations aren't pure enough."

I don't think anyone has died for THAT sentiment. Fraud! That's rich! A vote by a Republican for Hillary is fraud? Someone should tell that to Hillary...
No one was talking about law enforcement. Either you are ethical and resposible or you cheat. Which are you advocating?
Jimmy Snyder
Mar5-08, 11:45 AM
P: 2,179
No one was talking about law enforcement. Either you are ethical and resposible or you cheat. Which are you advocating?
You can't cheat unless there is a rule to break and you agreed not to break it and then you broke it. What rule are you talking about?

Register to reply