My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's avatars, with one being a photo of an alleged extraterrestrial and the other being a close-up shot of microalgae. The speaker explained that their current avatar represents their interest in alternative energy sources, specifically microalgae's ability to produce sugars and hydrocarbons for ethanol and biodiesel. The conversation also included a mention of the possibility of producing methane from microalgae, prompting a humorous exchange about flatulence.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just for fun... I'm not making any claims here.

A story involving the origins of my old avatar is in the fringe news.
http://www.ufoconspiracy.com/reports/three_second_eben.htm

I thought it was about the creepiest [so called] ET photo that I'd ever seen, hence the choice. :biggrin:

FYI, my current avatar is a highly magnified shot of microalgae with the fuel producing oil pockets stained red.

Physics news on Phys.org
So your saying your not really a "gray", but in fact you are a microalgae? What in the world has Tsu been feeding you?

Mostly nitrogen.

And you produce methane? :stink:

:yuck: is I guess a more appropriate emoticon. Methane is a the primary ingredient of um, flatulence.

Microalgaes produce mainly sugars and long-chain hydrocarbons - eg for ethanol and biodiesel. :biggrin:

Last edited:

What is "My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins"?

"My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins" is a phrase commonly used in online communities to refer to the origin or creation of a person's avatar, or online profile picture. It is often used in a playful or mysterious manner, as the true origins of one's avatar are often unknown.

Why is "My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins" a popular topic?

People are naturally curious about the origins of others and enjoy speculating about the stories behind their avatars. Additionally, many people change their avatars frequently, making the true origins of their old avatars even more mysterious.

Is there any scientific research on the topic of "My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins"?

While there is no specific research on this exact topic, there is a growing body of research on the psychological effects of avatars and online identities. Some studies have shown that people may use avatars to express different aspects of their personality or to experiment with different identities.

Can one's avatar reveal information about their personality or identity?

There is some evidence that people may choose avatars that reflect aspects of their personality or identity. For example, a person who values creativity may choose a colorful or artistic avatar. However, it is important to remember that avatars are often chosen for aesthetic reasons or simply because they are appealing, and may not always reflect deeper aspects of a person's identity.

Are there any ethical concerns surrounding "My Old Avatar's Mysterious Origins"?

While it may be fun to speculate about the origins of someone's avatar, it is important to remember that people have the right to privacy and may not want to share the story behind their avatar. It is important to respect others' boundaries and not pressure them to reveal personal information about their avatar without their consent.