Register to reply

Patent # 4,669,216

by zoobyshoe
Tags: patent
Share this thread:
Loren Booda
May1-04, 01:36 PM
P: 3,408
To think that we deprived Westerners are allowed only three mouse feces per sack of flour!
Evo
May1-04, 02:36 PM
Mentor
P: 26,560
Quote Quote by Loren Booda
To think that we deprived Westerners are allowed only three mouse feces per sack of flour!
Not to mention the limits to the acceptable amounts of rodent urine in chocolate.
Loren Booda
May1-04, 05:38 PM
P: 3,408
So that's why my cocoa keeps me up at night?
Moonbear
May13-05, 11:26 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Thanks to Ivan for finding this thread again just as I found yet another mousetrap patent! This one's just evil.

United States Patent 6,865,843
Jordan, Sr. March 15, 2005
Portable electrical mouse trap

Abstract
A portable electrical mouse trap that has a housing in the shape of a cat to which a handle is attached. An interior cavity of the mouse trap contains a primary motion sensor near its entrance, a retractable primary gate, a reservoir of a fragrance that smells like fresh cheese, a secondary motion sensor near an entrance to the collection chamber, a retractable secondary gate and a vacuum source. The primary motion sensor and secondary motion sensor detect the presence of a mouse inside the interior cavity. The primary gate automatically opens when activated by the primary motion sensor and the secondary gate automatically opens when activated by the secondary motion sensor. A vacuum tube connects the vacuum source and collection chamber. The vacuum source sucks the mouse fully into the collection chamber and thereby suffocates it. A speaker informs a user when the collection chamber is full.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN/6,865,843

Check out the picture!
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20050315.html
How likely is it that a mouse is going to wander right into a cat's mouth?
Evo
May13-05, 11:41 PM
Mentor
Oh yeah, real hard to find since it is the first link in the first post of General discussion classics It just happens to be my favorite thread.
Ivan Seeking
May13-05, 11:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by Evo
Oh yeah, real hard to find since it is the first link in the first post of General discussion classics It just happens to be my favorite thread.
Now here I had impressed MB and you had to spoil it!

Moonbear
May13-05, 11:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo

Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking
Right in front of my eyes is always the last place I look for something.
Evo
May13-05, 11:49 PM
Mentor

Ooops, sorry, I owe you. Or you could say that you searched for hours before finding it.

Now I know MB hasn't been reading my threads though.
Moonbear
May13-05, 11:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo
Now I know MB hasn't been reading my threads though.
Oops. No, haven't visited that thread in a while. When I do read it, I usually skip to the end to see if there's anything new in it. I forgot what's at the beginning.
cronxeh
Nov10-05, 06:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
Hmm patent # 4,669,216.X

Pituitary gland remover for mice with adjacent storage container and a separator
El Hombre Invisible
Nov10-05, 07:39 AM
P: 1,017
Cheese on mouse

This traditional Scottish recipe that became popular in 1992 after the Moss Mouse Masher became a household hit. The successful cull of mice led to an enor-mouse cheese surplus which was overcome by the introduction of a high cheese diet.

The cheese surplus problem was eventually overcome by the invention of mad cow disease, foot and mouth disease and the Nice Cold Ice Cold Milk campaign, chronological absurdity notwithstanding.

A Glasgow version has the cheese on mouse deep fried rather than grilled. This, however, is a more healthy option that results in a less cheesy vat of vegetable oil.

- 1 mouse
- a large quantity of cheese
- any seasoning that will take away the taste of cheese

Place as much of the cheese as possible on the mouse and place under a grill. Do not allow to melt onto the grill pan too much.

Take the mouse out of the grill and leave to stand until the cheese has set. Then, turn the mouse over and repeat.

Allow to set again and repeat from the beginning. Continue turning, cheesing, grilling and leaving to stand until you run out of cheese or can no longer fit the mouse under the grill.

Season and eat immediately while holding your nose.
Ivan Seeking
Nov10-05, 01:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
...Designed by experienced professionals!
We have been in the business of making and designing record setting mousetrap powered vehicles longer than anyone else, and mousetrap powered projects is what we do best! Unlike the rest, our on staff team of engineers is continuously experimenting with new designs and products so you can feel safe in knowing that you will always be getting the best performance products available. Each of our kits has been engineered and designed for success through an extremely long and involved process that has been proven to produce products that are years ahead of the rest. [continued]
http://www.mousetrap-cars.com/mousetrap/s350df.htm
[I was looking for "sticky wheels". ]
Entropy
Nov10-05, 01:35 PM
P: 609
Patent # 4,669,216.X

Titanium mouse vest and helmet to protect innocent mice from being harpooned through the chest. Guess I'm the only one who's had rodents for pets.
Artman
Nov10-05, 04:48 PM
P: 1,591
Patent # 4,669,216.Y

Titanium mouse vest piercing harpoon.

Sorry Entropy
Evo
Nov10-05, 05:01 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Artman
Patent # 4,669,216.Y
Titanium mouse vest piercing harpoon.
Sorry Entropy
Ivan Seeking
Nov10-05, 10:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Patent # 4,669,216.Z

Now from the makers of Cheese Whiz - Mouse Whiz. It goes great on crackers.
Artman
Nov10-05, 11:04 PM
P: 1,591
Patent # 4,669,216.Z
Now from the makers of Cheese Whiz - Mouse Whiz. It goes great on crackers.
And you can even use the harpoons as toothpicks for making horderves!
Ivan Seeking
Nov10-05, 11:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Artman
And you can even use the harpoons as toothpicks for making horderves!
Proper disposal of the harpoons is critical - the depleted uranium core.

Register to reply