Register to reply

Laser through optic fiber - out before through

by condonethis
Tags: fiber, laser, optic
Share this thread:
condonethis
Mar26-08, 09:50 PM
P: 2
looking for information about phenomena when light through fiber out before through and photon reverses at exit time to negate entering photon leading to equilibrium of energy transfer. think it was coated with iridium or something. not sure. saw it reported on shortnews.com about a year or so ago.

thanks!
CondoneThis
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Refocusing research into high-temperature superconductors
Neutron tomography technique reveals phase fractions of crystalline materials in 3-dimensions
Tiny magnets, huge fields: Nanoscale ferromagnetic electrodes create chemical equivalent of solid-state spin valve
Danger
Mar26-08, 11:28 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Welcome to PF, Condonethis.
Unfortunately, I think that there is a serious language barrier here. Your post makes no sense. Can you try to reword it?
dst
Mar26-08, 11:42 PM
P: 389
I think he's saying:

I am looking for information about the phenomenon in which a photon is passed through a fiber and it exits at a time earlier than it actually enters the fiber. In this case, the photon reverses (through time) to negotiate with the same photon entering leading to "equilibrium of energy transfer".

Barely decipherable.

condonethis
Mar27-08, 10:40 PM
P: 2
Laser through optic fiber - out before through

light was transmitted through a fiber optic cable and left the cable the instant it entered. after exiting the light wave enters and travels 50% of cable while simultaneously an opposing "reverse" light traverses the cable to 50% as they diminish into nothing at half the length of the optic wire, whereby conserving energy. hope this helps you help me!
dst
Mar27-08, 11:03 PM
P: 389
Much clearer. I've heard of this too, something like it anyway.
bassplayer142
Mar27-08, 11:08 PM
P: 422
Ummm, any more information on this? I don't see how this is possible and if it is how it could be old news?
Danger
Mar28-08, 12:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
I'm afraid that I've never heard of such a thing. I remember someone 'freezing' light; is this part of the same experiment?
russ_watters
Mar28-08, 12:46 AM
Mentor
P: 22,249
It's a parlor trick of wave interference, nothing more.

Register to reply