Understanding Beta Particles and Their Role in Radioactivity | Diagram Included

In summary, beta particles in beta radioactivity carry the kinetic energy from the nuclei and take the majority of the kinetic energy, leaving the electrons with less energy. The energy distribution of the beta particles and neutrinos is complementary, with a fixed energy available from the mass-energy difference between the parent and daughter nuclides. The weak interaction causes the conversion of a neutron to a proton and the emission of an electron and antineutrino, resulting in a change in the number of protons and neutrons in the nucleus. The half-life of a radioactive substance is derived from the statistical treatment of radioactive decay in a population of the same radionuclide.
Yes, we said that there are 2 corresponding values. But also we said that it can have 3,4,5,6,8,9,10000,10010... values for the kinetic energy of electrons...

Physics news on Phys.org
Physicsissuef said:
Yes, we said that there are 2 corresponding values. But also we said that it can have 3,4,5,6,8,9,10000,10010... values for the kinetic energy of electrons...

So where is the graph not correct according to you?

I said it is correct... But having 2 points is not totally correct... It may confuse you, like in my case... I was confused why only 2 points, but later, thanks to you and Astronuc I understand that, actually there are infinite points (for each radionucleus, corresponding point, some points also may be same)...

Post #66 and 67 you say that is not correct, and only partly correct.

But anyway, I hope you have learned a bit how distribution functions work