Oscillation frequency of circuit

In summary, the oscillation frequency of the L-C circuit containing an 83.0 mH inductor and a 1.50 nF capacitor is 563112.532 Hz. This was calculated using the equation f=2\pi\omega, with \omega = \frac{1}{\sqrt{LC}} and values of L = 83.0 mH and C = 1.50 nF. After correcting an error in the relevant equations, the correct frequency was obtained.
ttiger2k7
[SOLVED] oscillation frequency of circuit

Homework Statement

An L-C circuit containing an 83.0 [tex]\rm mH[/tex] inductor and a 1.50 [tex]\rm nF[/tex] capacitor oscillates with a maximum current of 0.800 A.

Calculate the oscillation frequency of the circuit.

Homework Equations

[tex]\omega[/tex] = [tex]\frac{1}{\sqrt{LC}}[/tex]

[tex]f=2\pi\omega[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

First I solved for omega

[tex]\omega[/tex] = [tex]\frac{1}{\sqrt{.083 H * 1.5*10^{-9} F}}[/tex]
[tex]\omega[/tex] = 89622.14299

Then, since

[tex]f=2\pi\omega[/tex]

I just plugged in omega.

[tex]f=2\pi*89622.14299[/tex] = [tex]563112.532 Hz[/tex]

I typed in it, but it came back as incorrect. I looked and I can't find my mistake. I'm pretty sure I converted the units right and am using the right formulas. Can someone check to see if i did any thing wrong? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure about your "relevant equations" ?
:rolleyes:

oh wow...thanks. I had copied it down incorrectly in my notes. >_<

1. What is the definition of oscillation frequency?

The oscillation frequency of a circuit is the number of complete cycles or oscillations that occur per unit of time. It is usually measured in Hertz (Hz) or cycles per second.

2. How is the oscillation frequency of a circuit calculated?

The oscillation frequency can be calculated by dividing the reciprocal of the total capacitance by the product of 2π and the square root of the inductance, or by using the following formula: f = 1/(2π√LC).

3. What factors affect the oscillation frequency of a circuit?

The oscillation frequency of a circuit is affected by the values of the inductance and capacitance, as well as the resistance of the circuit. Changes in these values can alter the frequency.

4. How does the oscillation frequency affect the performance of a circuit?

The oscillation frequency is an important factor in the performance of a circuit. It determines the rate at which the circuit can transmit or receive signals, and can also affect the accuracy and stability of the signals.

5. How can the oscillation frequency be adjusted in a circuit?

The oscillation frequency can be adjusted by changing the values of the inductance and capacitance in the circuit. This can be done by adding or removing components, or by using variable components such as potentiometers or variable capacitors.