P: 32
the world is faceing one of the biggest crisis in the history of history,
girls are getting hotter and hotter
-AXE
Enigman
Sep1-13, 04:25 AM
Best Humor
P: 560
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
-Voltaire
sarvesh0303
Sep1-13, 11:03 AM
P: 54
"I am no poet, but if you think for yourselves, as I proceed, the facts will form a poem in your minds."
- Michael Faraday
krash661
Sep1-13, 06:55 PM
P: 32
My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities.I am truly a " lone traveler " and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude-feelings which increase with the years.One becomes sharply aware,but without regret, of the limits of mutual understanding and consonance with other people. no doubt, such a person loses some of his innocence and unconcern; on the other hand, he is largely independent of the opinions, habits, and judgments of his fellows and avoids the temptation to build his inner equilibrium upon such insecure foundations.-Albert Einstien
Enigman
Sep8-13, 07:15 AM
Best Humor
##\mathcal "Omne \ ignotum \ pro \ magnifico"##
"Everything unknown passes for something splendid"
-Tacitus, Life of Agricola.
Crake
Sep8-13, 07:58 AM
P: 64
Quote Quote by krash661 View Post
My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities.I am truly a " lone traveler " and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude-feelings which increase with the years.One becomes sharply aware,but without regret, of the limits of mutual understanding and consonance with other people. no doubt, such a person loses some of his innocence and unconcern; on the other hand, he is largely independent of the opinions, habits, and judgments of his fellows and avoids the temptation to build his inner equilibrium upon such insecure foundations.-Albert Einstien
Albert EinstEIN* Sorry, but I had to do this.
HayleySarg
Sep10-13, 12:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 69
"Causing people to suffer because you hate them is terrible, but causing people to suffer because you have forgotten how to care... that's really hard to understand."

Dr. Julian Bashir (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
nitsuj
Sep17-13, 08:06 AM
P: 1,098
Bender as he stretches out on the beach under the sun...

"Ahh sweet photons, I don't now if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth."
Enigman
Sep17-13, 08:09 AM
Best Humor
Physica forums est maximum et optimum
Borg
Sep27-13, 06:45 AM
PF Gold
P: 771
From a reddit thread that I ran across: What are two events in history that you never would've guessed happened around the same time?

The Guillotine stopped being the official method of execution in France the same year that MS-DOS premiered.
A later poster writes...
Historians are still arguing about which one ultimately caused more pain and suffering.
Enigman
Sep29-13, 11:07 AM
Best Humor
The guillotine's use was actually advocated as it was considered more humane than using an axe or a sword (took generally more than one stroke) or hanging (took a longer time).
On a lighter note:
“There is only one cure for grey hair. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.”
― P.G. Wodehouse
tanzanos
Oct24-13, 07:29 AM
P: 63
Frank Ocean 'Don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.'
Astronuc
Nov1-13, 07:17 AM
Admin
P: 21,880
We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
Charles Chaplin as the Great Dictator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2WJd5bXFg (skip to 1:06)
Sriki
Nov4-13, 07:41 AM
P: 2
"Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none."
--- Benjamin Franklin
MathJakob
Nov6-13, 08:05 PM
P: 153
It's not really a quote, more a speech

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust. It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us.

The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of stardust."

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
mfb
Nov7-13, 08:00 AM
Mentor
P: 11,925
There is music based on that (and similar) speech(es).
lambda90
Nov7-13, 05:44 PM
P: 5
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell,
Are you cocksure about that?
lambda90
Nov7-13, 06:14 PM
P: 5
Quote Quote by MathJakob View Post
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
While scientific theories can be disproved, they are never proven "true" -- there are only theories more well supported than others. This is a statement of scientism.

Register to reply