Register to reply

Would you date a girl with tatoos?

by gravenewworld
Tags: date, girl, tatoos
Share this thread:
maverick_starstrider
Jun12-08, 11:08 AM
P: 1,164
Wow, this seems pretty unanimous. I however thing tats are hot (well most tats). Of course I have a darker look myself. (blond also happens to be my least favorite hair colour).
NeoDevin
Jun12-08, 11:24 AM
P: 687
My wife has 3 tatoos, none of which are visible when she's fully clothed. I really like one of them, but the other two I'm not so fond of.
DaveC426913
Jun12-08, 12:09 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by NeoDevin View Post
My wife has 3 tatoos, none of which are visible when she's fully clothed. I really like one of them, but the other two I'm not so fond of.
Biff SkullCrusher 4ever
NY Giants (The Team) 4ever
NeoDevin 4ever

Which two don't you like?

NeoDevin
Jun12-08, 12:47 PM
P: 687
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Biff SkullCrusher 4ever
NeoDevin 4ever

I didn't know you knew my wife.
Kurdt
Jun12-08, 12:51 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,981
Biff Skullcrusher is Dave's real name.
ehrenfest
Jun12-08, 12:59 PM
P: 1,996
Quote Quote by Daniel Y. View Post
I'll date girl because she's fun and intelligent, not because of (or absense of) her tattoo.
That is exactly the same as my opinion. But there is definitely a superstrong correlation between having tattoos and being unintelligent, so I would need sufficient evidence to the contrary before I dated someone with tattoos.
mirroredfire
Jun12-08, 01:00 PM
P: 5
I don't think id even care if there were tats on their face either as long as they were well done and looked good.
Kurdt
Jun12-08, 01:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,981
Quote Quote by ehrenfest View Post
That is exactly the same as my opinion. But there is definitely a superstrong correlation between having tattoos and being unintelligent, so I would need sufficient evidence to the contrary before I dated someone with tattoos.
What? Have you got any peer reviewed articles to hand to back that up?
BobG
Jun12-08, 01:08 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Biff SkullCrusher 4ever
NeoDevin 4ever

Well, I'd prefer:

Cincinnati Royals 4ever
Kansas City Kings 4ever
Omaha/Kansas City Kings 4ever
Sacramento Kings 4ever

I always felt sorry for that guy in the 1996 Cleveland Browns photo that had a Broncos tatoo clearly visible. Browns fans hate the Broncos.

If she was old enough to have a NY Giants or a Brooklyn Dodgers tatoo, I probably wouldn't be interested.

In other words, tatooing a sports team on your body is a really dumb idea (unless it's a tatoo of the only NBA team to be founded in California - that would be cool.)
DaveC426913
Jun12-08, 01:27 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by BobG View Post
Well, I'd prefer:
Cincinnati Royals 4ever
Kansas City Kings 4ever
Omaha/Kansas City Kings 4ever
Sacramento Kings 4ever

Uh. I think I'd be turned off enough if she were sleeping with one sports team. If she were sleeping with four sports teams, well... I guess they'd have to invent a new term for that.
ehrenfest
Jun12-08, 01:48 PM
P: 1,996
Quote Quote by Kurdt View Post
What? Have you got any peer reviewed articles to hand to back that up?
No, that was just my personal observations. Of course, this depends on how you define intelligence. I kind of included academic achievement and academic motivation in my definition, not just built-in IQ or whatever. So what I meant was more like "sophistication".
moe darklight
Jun12-08, 03:36 PM
P: 411
I don't have a problem with tattoos. As long as she's not all covered in tattoos, a few small ones here and there I think can even be cute. I especially like those tattoos some girls get on the small of their back.

These would definitely be a turn-off though:
  1. Neck tattoos— god. what were you thinking.
  2. Face tattoos— I doubt I even have to explain why this isn't a good idea... unless you're out to prove you's a thug.
  3. Back tattoos, or on the back of the shoulder— I don't know why, but it makes girls look manly to me.
  4. Piercings— I hate piercings; they are just disgusting. have you ever seen a piercing up close? ... so gross. I was with this girl once who had a tongue-piercing. Such a turn-off. I don't want some slimy metal ball rattling in my mouth when I kiss somebody.

I really hope those 4 go out of style soon because they are all horrid ideas.
Borek
Jun12-08, 04:11 PM
Admin
P: 23,406
Quote Quote by moe darklight View Post
I don't want some slimy metal ball rattling in my mouth when I kiss somebody.
Errrrmmm... No, on the second thought, I will leave that uncommented. Let it be just metal on the tongue.
moe darklight
Jun12-08, 04:23 PM
P: 411
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Errrrmmm... No, on the second thought, I will leave that uncommeneted. Let it be just metal on the tongue.
I definitely could've worded it better
binzing
Jun12-08, 04:34 PM
P: 252
A really good friend of mine has a lip piercing. It's not really ugly or anything...
Borek
Jun12-08, 04:34 PM
Admin
P: 23,406
Quote Quote by moe darklight View Post
I definitely could've worded it better
Feel free. English is my second language.
turbo
Jun12-08, 05:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I have a niece in her mid-30's who looks at least a decade younger. She is petite, cute, smart, and funny, and she's raising 3 daughters to be mature, respectful, and responsible. She has a floral spray tattooed across the small of her back and it looks nice on her.
Cyrus
Jun12-08, 05:22 PM
P: 4,780
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
I have a niece in her mid-30's who looks at least a decade younger. She is petite, cute, smart, and funny, and she's raising 3 daughters to be mature, respectful, and responsible. She has a floral spray tattooed across the small of her back and it looks nice on her.

Of course, thats a matter of personal opinion.

Register to reply