by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: None
Greg Bernhardt
Jun21-08, 03:00 PM
Admin
P: 8,534
Piled Higher & Deeper by Jorge Cham
www.phdcomics.com
title: "Tijuana!" - originally published 6/20/2008 For the latest news in PHD Comics, CLICK HERE!

More...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
BaysianLogik
Jun21-08, 03:44 PM
P: n/a
Once she finally gets able to file her forms, she should be told she forgot to have her adviser sign the form saying he would support her as a student for the next X years.
WarPhalange
Jun21-08, 03:59 PM
P: 343
Reading Ph.D. comics is like watching a kid try to cut a slice of bread with the backside of a butter knife. You applaud the effort, but just have to look away.

Moonbear
Jun22-08, 06:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257

06/20/08 PHD comic: 'Tijuana!'

Most people I know did the Canadian route. At least they knew they were in a country they could live in if there was a delay in reissuing the visa. We did have one student who was stuck in Canada...yep, that dreaded letter from his advisor was late. I think they ended up fed-exing it or something. We joked that it would be faster to drive to the border and hand it across.
Mykhaylo
Jun23-08, 03:46 PM
It is amazing how well PhD comics fits with events that happen in my life.

I am supposed to give a talk at the conference in US on 25th of june, i am trying to get a visa for one month already. I went through a lot of trouble to get it, yet i am still here in Germany, i do not have a visa and my flight is tomorrow. :(
cristo
Jun24-08, 04:34 AM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Mykhaylo View Post
I am supposed to give a talk at the conference in US on 25th of june, i am trying to get a visa for one month already. I went through a lot of trouble to get it, yet i am still here in Germany, i do not have a visa and my flight is tomorrow. :(
You don't need a visa to go to the US for a month if you're a German national, do you?
Borek
Jun24-08, 05:09 AM
Admin
P: 22,666
Quote Quote by cristo View Post
You don't need a visa to go to the US for a month if you're a German national, do you?
Fallacy - just because he is in Germany doesn't mean he is a German national.
Mykhaylo
Jun24-08, 06:04 AM
yep, i am from Ukraine
Borek
Jun24-08, 06:09 AM
Admin
P: 22,666
My first idea was that your name places you east of me (I am Polish), but these times it doesn't have to be true.
cristo
Jun24-08, 06:33 AM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Mykhaylo View Post
yep, i am from Ukraine
Presumably you need a visa to live in Germany, then, so I guess you know how long the red tape takes!
saskiiaa
Jun24-08, 09:30 AM
Ah yea I went to toronto to get it renewed. Much better place to be if you have those kinds of problems I bet. At least they will let you stay there longer with a European passport, haha.

Register to reply