by Greg Bernhardt
Tags: None
Greg Bernhardt
Jun21-08, 03:00 PM
Admin
P: 8,542
Piled Higher & Deeper by Jorge Cham
www.phdcomics.com
title: "Tijuana!" - originally published 6/20/2008 For the latest news in PHD Comics, CLICK HERE!

More...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes
BaysianLogik
Jun21-08, 03:44 PM
P: n/a
Once she finally gets able to file her forms, she should be told she forgot to have her adviser sign the form saying he would support her as a student for the next X years.
WarPhalange
Jun21-08, 03:59 PM
P: 343
Reading Ph.D. comics is like watching a kid try to cut a slice of bread with the backside of a butter knife. You applaud the effort, but just have to look away.

Moonbear
Jun22-08, 06:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257

06/20/08 PHD comic: 'Tijuana!'

Most people I know did the Canadian route. At least they knew they were in a country they could live in if there was a delay in reissuing the visa. We did have one student who was stuck in Canada...yep, that dreaded letter from his advisor was late. I think they ended up fed-exing it or something. We joked that it would be faster to drive to the border and hand it across.
Mykhaylo
Jun23-08, 03:46 PM
It is amazing how well PhD comics fits with events that happen in my life.

I am supposed to give a talk at the conference in US on 25th of june, i am trying to get a visa for one month already. I went through a lot of trouble to get it, yet i am still here in Germany, i do not have a visa and my flight is tomorrow. :(
cristo
Jun24-08, 04:34 AM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Mykhaylo View Post
I am supposed to give a talk at the conference in US on 25th of june, i am trying to get a visa for one month already. I went through a lot of trouble to get it, yet i am still here in Germany, i do not have a visa and my flight is tomorrow. :(
You don't need a visa to go to the US for a month if you're a German national, do you?
Borek
Jun24-08, 05:09 AM
Admin
P: 22,705
Quote Quote by cristo View Post
You don't need a visa to go to the US for a month if you're a German national, do you?
Fallacy - just because he is in Germany doesn't mean he is a German national.
Mykhaylo
Jun24-08, 06:04 AM
yep, i am from Ukraine
Borek
Jun24-08, 06:09 AM
Admin
P: 22,705
My first idea was that your name places you east of me (I am Polish), but these times it doesn't have to be true.
cristo
Jun24-08, 06:33 AM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Mykhaylo View Post
yep, i am from Ukraine
Presumably you need a visa to live in Germany, then, so I guess you know how long the red tape takes!
saskiiaa
Jun24-08, 09:30 AM
Ah yea I went to toronto to get it renewed. Much better place to be if you have those kinds of problems I bet. At least they will let you stay there longer with a European passport, haha.

Register to reply