David Hamel's Generator: Mythbusters Test & Miniature Homemade Version

In summary, David Hamel made a generator, and some people might know it from mythbusters where they made one for the anti-gravity myth. Even though it didn't work for the anti-gravity the generator itself seemed to work. I then read on the internet that it is supposed to run for 100's of years. However, according to the information provided, this device is a crackpot perpetual motion machine and does not produce any power.
freedomto
David Hamel (1924-2007) made a generator, and some people might know it from mythbusters where they made one for the anti-gravity myth. Even though it didn't work for the anti-gravity the generator itself seemed to work. I then read on the internet that it is supposed to run for 100's of years.

I was interested in making one, does anyone know how to make a miniature homemade version?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I was thinking, this may be a stupid question, if the hamel generator was connected to a electric generator couldn't it produce cheap and clean electricity? - Sounds to good to be true

You need to post more information about a Hamel Generator. I (and I am sure others) have never heard of the device.

Okay, thanks for reply
This info is from JLN Labs [crackpot link deleted]

The picture in the attachtments is from the site and shows a version of the generator... not completely sure if this is hamel's design... but i think its the sames as in mythbusters

This device use the "Magnetic Principle" :

The "Magnetic Principle" : It uses same principle as the "Hamel Spinner". The destabilizing magnet on top is the "Hamel Spinner" and the first Cone that wobbles would equate to the smaller disc magnet and ball bearing. The Spinner wants to move in a circular path under the larger destabilizing magnet. That is in part why the cones Wobble. The cones want to seek equilibrium, but can only find it in a dymanic way !

This "Magnetic principle" device will, if built right, run for many thousands of years !

Attachments

• h45banm.gif
    h45banm.gif
    86.1 KB · Views: 854
Last edited by a moderator:
This is a crackpot perpetual motion machine. No, it won't produce power. It won't do anything useful at all.

As a rule, we don't discuss such things here - it brings crackpots out of the woodwook and provides free advertising for the originator of the crackpot idea.

1. What is David Hamel's Generator?

David Hamel's Generator is a device that was claimed to be able to produce free energy by harnessing the Earth's magnetic field. It was invented by Canadian inventor David Hamel in the 1970s and gained popularity in the 1980s.

2. Has the Mythbusters team tested David Hamel's Generator?

Yes, the Mythbusters team did test David Hamel's Generator in an episode titled "Earthquake Machine." They found that the device did not produce any significant amount of energy and was ultimately deemed a myth.

3. What were the results of the Mythbusters test?

The Mythbusters team found that the device did not produce any measurable amount of energy and could not function as claimed. They also discovered that the device was not a new invention and had been debunked by scientists in the past.

4. Is there a working version of David Hamel's Generator?

There is no evidence to suggest that a working version of David Hamel's Generator exists. The device has been thoroughly tested and debunked by scientists and has not been successfully replicated by anyone.

5. Can I build a miniature homemade version of David Hamel's Generator?

While it is possible to build a miniature version of David Hamel's Generator, it is highly unlikely that it will produce any significant amount of energy. The principles behind the device have been proven to be false, and it is not a feasible source of free energy.