Register to reply

Hamel Generator

by freedomto
Tags: generator, hamel
Share this thread:
freedomto
Jul21-08, 05:21 AM
P: 3
David Hamel (1924-2007) made a generator, and some people might know it from mythbusters where they made one for the anti-gravity myth. Even though it didn't work for the anti-gravity the generator itself seemed to work. I then read on the internet that it is supposed to run for 100's of years.

I was interested in making one, does anyone know how to make a miniature homemade version?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
freedomto
Jul22-08, 02:12 AM
I was thinking, this may be a stupid question, if the hamel generator was connected to a electric generator couldn't it produce cheap and clean electricity? - Sounds to good to be true
Integral
Jul22-08, 05:12 AM
Mentor
P: 7,318
You need to post more information about a Hamel Generator. I (and I am sure others) have never heard of the device.

freedomto
Jul22-08, 07:06 AM
Hamel Generator

Okay, thanks for reply
This info is from JLN Labs [crackpot link deleted]

The picture in the attachtments is from the site and shows a version of the generator... not completely sure if this is hamel's design... but i think its the sames as in mythbusters

This device use the "Magnetic Principle" :

The "Magnetic Principle" : It uses same principle as the "Hamel Spinner". The destabilizing magnet on top is the "Hamel Spinner" and the first Cone that wobbles would equate to the smaller disc magnet and ball bearing. The Spinner wants to move in a circular path under the larger destabilizing magnet. That is in part why the cones Wobble. The cones want to seek equilibrium, but can only find it in a dymanic way !

This "Magnetic principle" device will, if built right, run for many thousands of years !
Attached Thumbnails
h45banm.gif  
russ_watters
Jul23-08, 04:11 PM
Mentor
P: 22,281
This is a crackpot perpetual motion machine. No, it won't produce power. It won't do anything useful at all.

As a rule, we don't discuss such things here - it brings crackpots out of the woodwook and provides free advertising for the originator of the crackpot idea.

Register to reply