Why Does My Computer Mouse Do This?!

by LightbulbSun
Tags: mouse
LightbulbSun
Jul24-08, 11:51 PM
P: 362
It seems like every summer my computer mouse will stall every five seconds, then when I move the mouse off the mouse pad and move it around the mouse on the screen will start to function again. Then it will stall off the mouse pad, so I have to move it back on the mouse pad to make it work again. That's not the only issue though. Every now and then when I click on something it won't do anything, so I have to click on it several times before it starts functioning again. I'm not sure why this only happens during the summer time, but it is very frustrating.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists pinpoint when harmless bacteria became flesh-eating monsters
Asian air pollution affect Pacific Ocean storms
Rocket leak delays space station delivery launch (Update)
Daniel Y.
Jul25-08, 12:06 AM
P: n/a
Get a new mouse.
moose
Jul25-08, 12:39 AM
P: 555
Is it wired or wireless?

B. Elliott
Jul25-08, 03:45 AM
PF Gold
P: 386

Why Does My Computer Mouse Do This?!

Sounds like it's probably a wireless mouse. If it is, try moving the receiver/transmitter closer to the mouse and see if the problem stops. I've run into a few keyboards and mice that don't respond very well, where every so often you have to hit a button twice to get it to register. Made editing long paragraphs really fun.
LightbulbSun
Jul25-08, 12:23 PM
P: 362
Ok, the receiver/transmitter was sliding away a bit so I moved it directly under my mouse. I'll see how this goes.

Register to reply